The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

Like Tree47Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2013, 10:05 PM

woodrivertroutbum is a jewel in the roughwoodrivertroutbum is a jewel in the roughwoodrivertroutbum is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Which New Wading Boot?

You will love the BOA system if you fish in below freezing temps. When laces are frozen solid it is a PITA to get in or out of your boots. Last weekend we fished and it was 11 degrees. When we got back to the car after fishing for 10 hours we were frozen solid from the knees down. One easy pull of the buckles and my boots slide right off.
comeonavs likes this.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:47 AM

comeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodrivertroutbum View Post
You will love the BOA system if you fish in below freezing temps. When laces are frozen solid it is a PITA to get in or out of your boots. Last weekend we fished and it was 11 degrees. When we got back to the car after fishing for 10 hours we were frozen solid from the knees down. One easy pull of the buckles and my boots slide right off.
Nice to hear....but mine will be for summer & wet wading. I always have worn a Simms size 12 so I bought a pair without trying them on. They are fine with waders but I swim in them wet wading to the point of getting blisters. I now have a summer & winter pair of boots
Old 02-11-2013, 03:06 PM

troutdiver is on a distinguished road

Does anyone use the White River Extreme wadding boot? I have been told that they run wider than most boots.I wear a 13 EE boot so sometimes to get a boot for what ever I need it for, I have to give up a little quality for a good fit.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:53 PM
Banned

rayzor will become famous soon enoughrayzor will become famous soon enough

I use the Orvis river guard wading boots now , there a slightly larger fit which is good for me because over the stocking foot waders I wear a neoprene socks, Simms largest pair .. then it protects the wading sock and is very comfortable , Merino socks underneath the stockingfoots thou.
double d likes this.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:08 AM

joebloe has a spectacular aura aboutjoebloe has a spectacular aura aboutjoebloe has a spectacular aura about

My son has outgrown 2 sets of waders and was complaining about his Simm's guide boots( in fairly new condition ) being uncomfortably tight in the midst of a fishing trip in the Catskills - I took him to a shop in Roscoe and got him a pair of these Orvis boots ($50 off) - he was very pleased and let me try them out (we wear the same size now) on the next trip when he opted for a pair of neoprene bootfoot waders we carry along with us - I was duly impressed and he got me a pair for xmas - it looks like they're still going for the $50 off price - they are a bit heavy, but with that I liken them to having 'tanks' on my feet, they seem to be impervious to everything - the easy on/off feature rocks and they come with the studs installed - very roomy and comfortable -

Fishing Wader Boots / River Guardô Easy-On Brogue -- Orvis
Old 02-12-2013, 12:36 PM

troutdiver is on a distinguished road

Did you go with one size larger than your regular boot size?
Old 02-12-2013, 12:41 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebloe View Post
My son has outgrown 2 sets of waders and was complaining about his Simm's guide boots( in fairly new condition ) being uncomfortably tight in the midst of a fishing trip in the Catskills
Hi Joe,

I thought on buying the 'Guide Boot' from Simms but found quite a few reports from folks using them regarding shrinkage. The Orvis boots should serve well for him, I waded in their boots for at least 20 years with no complaints.

I did however finish the 2012 season with the Rivershed boots from Simms and can say that the comfort on an 18 hour 'Midnight Sun' days fishing is wonderful. I have also slept in them twice and got right back on the water with no problems

Ard
jaybo41 likes this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 02-12-2013, 04:45 PM

okuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via Yahoo to okuma

Alrighty then Ard.....kinda strange. But.....
Hardyreels and jaybo41 like this.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:50 PM

woodrivertroutbum is a jewel in the roughwoodrivertroutbum is a jewel in the roughwoodrivertroutbum is a jewel in the rough

I had a pair of Redingtons that shrunk on me too. I wasn't sure if I was just going crazy or not but sure enough they got ALOT smaller.
Old 02-14-2013, 02:13 PM

sean_k is on a distinguished road

The Simms Freestones are durable, comfortable and priced right.