The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2011, 10:34 PM

kstump is on a distinguished road
Default Patching a hole in my waders

I have a pair of Cabela's Gore-Tex waders that I put a small hole in. I have the fabric patch that came with the repair kit, but seem to have lost the glue or cement. Can anyone tell me what I should use? Is there a generic alternative, or do I need to stick with some kind of specialty stuff? Thanks for the help!
Old 10-02-2011, 10:38 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise
Default Re: Patching a hole in my waders

give aquaseal a try.

ARFE
Old 10-02-2011, 10:41 PM

mbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to behold

aquaseal is something I sell at work, I know folks that use it to repair drysuits for rescue,, just sand and clean the surface good.
Old 10-03-2011, 07:20 PM

BlueDun has a spectacular aura aboutBlueDun has a spectacular aura about

Will that also work if the hole is in the bootie or should I do something else to repair it?
Old 10-03-2011, 08:30 PM

mbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to behold

not sure on that,
Old 10-03-2011, 10:55 PM

jack crack jones is on a distinguished road

May want to try Shoe Goo. I've used it to patch my shoes before. I'm pretty sure it is a waterproof seal.
Old 10-04-2011, 05:33 AM

silver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond repute

Aquaseal and Shoo Goo are both urethane and both will seal the leak.

HOWEVER, the Aquaseal is designed for wet suits and waders, and Shoe Goo is designed for shoe soles to be harder and tougher for wear. Go with the Aquaseal. I think it will be more flexible and more comfortable.

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy
Old 10-04-2011, 09:05 AM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver creek View Post
Aquaseal and Shoo Goo are both urethane and both will seal the leak.

HOWEVER, the Aquaseal is designed for wet suits and waders, and Shoe Goo is designed for shoe soles to be harder and tougher for wear. Go with the Aquaseal. I think it will be more flexible and more comfortable.

What he said^
Old 10-04-2011, 09:13 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a Goop fan and Shoe Goo is just one of a handful of sightly formulas of Goop

Here's the poop on Goop
Quote:
Amazing GOOP® and Craft GOOP® contain a thinner formula for precise, detailed work.
Wood & Furniture GOOP® is a thicker, non-slump formula perfect for vertical and overhead applications.
Automotive GOOP®, Household GOOP® and Plumbing GOOP® are all the same formula.
Lawn & Garden GOOP®, Marine GOOP®, RV GOOP® and Sport and Outdoor GOOP® are all UV-resistant.
Shoe GOO® is a more rubbery formula allowing for greater flexibility.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:23 AM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip Tide View Post
I'm a Goop fan and Shoe Goo is just one of a handful of sightly formulas of Goop

Here's the poop on Goop
It's pretty handy stuff isn't it? I use it to hold eyes on saltwater flies when I don't feel like mixing and drying epoxy.