The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2011, 03:38 PM

ted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to behold
Default Redington Stratus Wading Jacket

After this last weekend spent fishing in an ice storm and being soaked through my "waterproof" rain jacket, I've come to the conclusion that I need a wading jacket.

My question is about sizing. This thing will only get worn during the colder days where layering is a must. I want something that is waterproof and will break the wind. I don't have a local shop that I can try these on at, but am concerned about layering underneath. Are these pretty slim fit, or is there enough room underneath that I'll be able put a few layers on when I'm fishing those 10* days?

Also, besides the stratus does anyone have any other recommendations that would be in the ~$200 price range? The stratus is much cheaper, so it's appealing on that front, but I'll spend the money to get a better product if I need t.
Old 12-05-2011, 04:54 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of
Default Re: Redington Stratus Wading Jacket

I just bought the Orvis Pro Guide jacket, but got it for $259. This thing is very waterproof, allows for adequate layering yet fits my thin body well, and I can stick my arms down into the water to land a fish or pick up something dropped and the cuffs keep my arms dry. Overall, a heck of a bargain if its still on sale!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...