The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2011, 08:04 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future
Default Re: educate me on personal pontoons please

Quote:
Originally Posted by araitim View Post
what pumps are you guys using to inflate your float tubes and pontoons? i see Joni and Mojo use a LVM pump to inflate the boat and top off the toon's with a K-Pump to 3 psi. im looking to inflate from 3 to 5 psi, will all the k-pumps do 5psi?
You're not going to want to put 5 pounds in you boat. Our bladderless boats are 3 psi, and that is very taunt. With a urethane bladder, you'll want about 2 to 2.5 or so pounds in it. The LVM pump will inflate it and you'll need something to top it off, like the K-Pump or any hand pump. We did buy an air gauge made by K-Pump. It's not necessary, but I do use it and I'm glad we have it.
Also- DO NOT USE A COMPRESSOR. It'll blow the hell out of the tubes really fast. And if you're heading into the mountains, DO NOT PUMP IT UP ALL THE WAY.
The K-Pump will pump whatever you want up to ????????????????. We have the K-100, and it's small enough, I carry it in the back of the toon.
Old 12-31-2011, 12:40 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Have any of you ever seen this boat? If so what did you think of it?
Fishing Boats & Boat Accessories up to 30% off at Sierra Trading Post
Old 12-31-2011, 08:25 AM

wishiniwerfishin will become famous soon enoughwishiniwerfishin will become famous soon enough

I almost baught the ODC XR12 earlier this week, but ended up finding an Outcast Pac 1200 for a great deal about 100miles south of me instead..... The XR12 looks like a nice boat and I found alot of good reviews on the web about it, but have never floated one. If your dead set on new it's the best price 2 man toon you'll find, or you can go used and find a pac 1200 wich is alot better boat(heavier duty frame and much thicker bladders). Check this site out, Sale Room, I almost ordered the pac 1200 they have for sale until I found one locally. Also I'm not sure what sierra trading post's shipping is but Creek Company has they XR12 for the same price and the only charge $20 for shipping.

Compare spec's(bladder material, weight capacity, ect...) and you'll see the difference....
http://www.outcastboats.com/outcast/...ult.aspx?id=17

Here's mine, can't wait to get it on the water.....

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 12-31-2011, 11:23 AM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
Have any of you ever seen this boat? If so what did you think of it?
Fishing Boats & Boat Accessories up to 30% off at Sierra Trading Post
Heavy-duty 30 oz. PVC thermal welded outer covers 420 denier nylon liners and 30-gauge PVC bladders
Hammered metal-finish aluminum frame
Full-take-down frame for easy assembly and storage
Three-piece take-down oars included
Large side cargo pockets for storing gear
Large mesh stripping apron with raised edges for line control
Rigid cargo deck for strapping down bigger gear
Walk through foot bars with six-position adjustment
High volume two-way hand pump included
Weight capacity: 600 lb. (2 people)
Length: 12'
Diameter: 20"
Weight: 120 lb.
Materials: Aluminum, nylon, PVC and composite
$1,999. list, $1,399. sale

Outcast
Inflated Size: 65" x 13'
Tube Diameter: 20"
Fabric: 1670 PVC
Material Weight: 35/43 oz/sq.yd.
AireCell Material: Urethane
Seam Construction: Welded
Warranty: 10
Valve Type: (2)Leafield B7
Weight: 144 lbs.
Load Capacity: 750 lbs.
Frame: 11-pc aluminum
Anchor System: Included
Motor Mount: Optional
Oar Type: 8' 2-piece
$2,999.List ? sale

OR

NFO Dave Scadden's Christmas Sale

2011 McKenzie Drifter ST
A two-person pontoon
The aqua-lok standing platform slides under seats when not in use.
Articulating lean bar in the front position ensures stability when fishing.
The pontoons have durable outer shells and urethane bladders
aircraft aluminum frame with powder-coated finish.
13-ft. length and 19" diameter of the pontoons allow the boat to hold up to 1,000 lbs. Oversize diamond-plate rear deck measures 48" x 18" and features a built-in motor mount. The two, custom side pockets have built-in stripping baskets and tippet dispensers.
Rod holders are fully insulated for use as coolers.
Two fully adjustable deluxe padded seats.
Two 8-ft. oars with bronze oarlocks. Internal anchor system.
Class IV, V white-water rated.
Weight capacity: 1,000 lbs
15-year warranty on pontoons. Lifetime warranty on frame.
Made in the USA. Weight: 87 lbs..
$2,400. list $1,699. Christmas Sale

I think this boat blows the other two out of the water personally. Plus USA made
Plus note the weights. OMG the top two weigh more than I do! But I could actually manage the NFO.

Last edited by Joni; 12-31-2011 at 12:03 PM.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:36 PM

araitim is just really nicearaitim is just really nicearaitim is just really nicearaitim is just really nice

ITS HERE ITS HERE ITS HERE!!!! wait........somethings wrong.......it came with 2 right side pontoons and no left side. i put it together in the living room anyways and LOVE it so far. i called N.F.O. and they apologised and said a new left tube will be here monday. Although they were eager to fix the issue it just goes to show that anything i order will NEVER be right the first time.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:19 PM

osok will become famous soon enoughosok will become famous soon enough

Surely you have used it so how about some reviews?
Old 06-18-2012, 02:11 PM

siskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by araitim View Post
ITS HERE ITS HERE ITS HERE!!!! wait........somethings wrong.......it came with 2 right side pontoons and no left side. i put it together in the living room anyways and LOVE it so far. i called N.F.O. and they apologised and said a new left tube will be here monday. Although they were eager to fix the issue it just goes to show that anything i order will NEVER be right the first time.
Curious to see if this was resolved in a timely fashion?

Steelheader's Anonymous.
Old 06-18-2012, 05:07 PM

araitim is just really nicearaitim is just really nicearaitim is just really nicearaitim is just really nice

NFO sent me the correct side pontoon at no charge and were very apologetic. Iv used the boat many many times. So whats the verdict---- I love this pontoon. it has so much storage that i find myself with other peoples stuff on my boat. This pontoon deffinately isnt something that you back pack with, its more of an inexpensive single person drift boat. its light enough that one person can carry when its assembled and rugged enough to handle anything i could put it through here in michigan. Its very stable, so stable that you can drift while standing on the platform. If i were to do it over again, id get the same pontoon.