The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2011, 10:14 AM

kibby is on a distinguished road
Default Watermaster: I'm Going for One

Well, I just finished the overtime week from hell. 45 hours of time and a half on top of my regular pay! Glad I wont be doing that again for a while. Best part is - I got enough cash for a Watermaster Kodiak now.

Not to sully or further fragment this thread: Building a Cheaper Pram I decided to make a new thread to announce (gloat?) my new boat.

After weighing all of the pros and cons, I think the Kodiak will be a perfect craft for me. My son is getting one too, and togther we've already come up with about 30 different places we want to put them in.
Old 12-30-2011, 08:02 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Watermaster: I'm Going for One

Kibby: Congrats, I hope you and your son really enjoy the new boats. Your overtime reminds me of when I worked for Alyeska Pipeline. The job was supposed to be 7 days on 7 days off (12 hour shift) so each week we would rack up 44 hours of overtime. It sounded great, but the boss was always asking me to fill in for someone going on vacation or some training coming up, which meant that you would work three weeks straight without a day off. The worst stretch I did was nine weeks straight. The money was fantastic but after a while you got burnt out.

Larry
Old 12-31-2011, 04:58 AM

Thanks, Larry. This week was supposed to be our Holiday Break. Every year the company shuts down for 10-12 days at Christmas time. They usually ask for volunteers, and I usually decline, but this year I wanted that extra bump of cash (not to mention that fact that time away from the house means time away from visiting wife's family, insert evil grin here).
Old 12-31-2011, 07:57 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Kibby: The university does the same thing, shuts down for the winter holiday for 10 days. I understand fully trying to get away from the in-laws. I spent two days at my son's house over xmas with four screaming kids (three were in-laws), I couldn't wait to get out of there.

Larry
Old 01-01-2012, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
Kibby: I spent two days at my son's house over xmas with four screaming kids (three were in-laws), I couldn't wait to get out of there.
That stuff is necessary though. It makes us appreciate the waters and our time on them even more, huh?
Old 01-06-2012, 02:42 AM

Default Update

Good golly, Miss Molly! Uncle Sam sure do take a bite out of your check when you work all that extra time. I fell $100 shy of what it'd take to put my WM on order. Guess I'll have to wait until next week. I probably shouldn't have bought that Hydros rod, but at that price, the WM can wait another week! Meanwhile I'll need gas in that whopping 30-gallon tank on the F150. No big deal anyway. I'll work this weekend and rake in some more cash.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:17 AM
Administrator

Default Re: Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by kibby View Post
Good golly, Miss Molly! Uncle Sam sure do take a bite out of your check when you work all that extra time. I fell $100 shy of what it'd take to put my WM on order. Guess I'll have to wait until next week. I probably shouldn't have bought that Hydros rod, but at that price, the WM can wait another week! Meanwhile I'll need gas in that whopping 30-gallon tank on the F150. No big deal anyway. I'll work this weekend and rake in some more cash.
Kibby: I agree, uncle sam can take a big bite out of a paycheck, but next week will get here soon enough. I hear you on what your saying on the Hydros rods, they sure are discounting those rods nicely, hard to pass that up.

Larry