The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2010, 10:48 AM

seajay will become famous soon enoughseajay will become famous soon enough
Default Boot size

How to order wading boots. I wear a size 9 shoe. Do I order the same for wading boots?
Old 07-03-2010, 02:19 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Boot size

Simms claims to consider stocking foot and sock volume in its sizing. In most cases, ordering the same size is safe.

Most other brands (Patagonia, Chota, Korkers) recommend going up one size.

The best case scenario is to try before you buy because there are exceptions to the rule.

MP
Old 07-03-2010, 02:28 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Agreeing with MP that trying the boot on is best. Remember, these are the boots you plan to have on for hours at a time.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 07-03-2010, 02:58 PM

MBWCC is a jewel in the roughMBWCC is a jewel in the roughMBWCC is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoscaPescador View Post
Simms claims to consider stocking foot and sock volume in its sizing. In most cases, ordering the same size is safe.
I would not agree with Simms on this point.

I wear size 13 street shoes. For the most part size 13 street shoes are just a bit loose on my feet (in other words, if the world made size 12-1/2 street shoes I would wear them). On the other hand, size 13 Simms G3 boots are extremely tight on my feet in the winter time when I wear heavy socks inside the stocking feet--so tight that I loose circulation in my toes. Size 14 Simms fit fine winter and summer.
Old 07-03-2010, 05:59 PM

turner66 is on a distinguished road

I wear size 8 1/2 or 9 shoes (depending on brand), but I had to go to size 10 on my Simms Rivershed's to get a nice fit with 3mm neoprene G3 stocking foots.
Old 07-03-2010, 06:18 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi seajay,

Wading boots are very hard to pick with our trying them on with the heaviest sock and waders you will use. You don't want a boot that is too tight or your feet will be cold. This is really true with some of the synthetic leather boats that don't stretch with use.

Frank
Old 07-04-2010, 02:55 AM

wonderfulremark is on a distinguished road

I wear size 9. And just bought Cloudveil 8x wading boots in size 9. Actually these boots are more like size 10.5...
I think they considered neoprene booties when they designed the boots.