The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2010, 04:28 PM
Glen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really nice
Default Wader Delema

Well I wish I didn't have small feet. I wear a size 8 shoe and my son wears a six 10.5. I sometimes I tease him and tell him he was really the Mailman's kid.

Any way he and I are going to fish the Upper Sacramento River the week of July 26th. However he doesn't fish unless its with me and he lives out in Yucca Valley currently and soon he will be moving to New Orleans so we will only probably get to fish together once a year.

The truth is I'm telling all this to try to justify not buying him a new pair of waders and making him wear an pair of my breathable duck hunting waders however the biggest problem the neoprene stocking feet in my waders only go to a size 9. Would he be able to squeeze his size 10.5 feet without cutting off circulation and being extremely uncomfortable. The fact is except first thing in the morning we will likely end of wet wading do to the heat in Dunsmuir, CA. If he can sqeese into those waders I'll only have to purchase a pair of wading boots for him.
Attention New Fly Fishers and those just wanting to improve- Join a Fly Fishing Club. They have classes on every aspect of fly fishing for beginners to advanced for free or cheaper than offered elsewhere. Some offer mentor programs. You will make friends with other fly fishers. Clubs often have outings in which members pay special group rates for guides or to fish prime private access areas.
Old 07-04-2010, 04:40 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Wader Delema

I don't know but I can say that a tight neoprene bootie is not a good thing...............

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 07-05-2010, 12:02 AM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute

The good news is that the flows are starting to drop on the Upper Sac according to guide, Rick Fox. By the time that July 26 rolls around, the flows should be back to normal. If air temperatures are normal for that time of year, chest waders will not be necessary. You guys can wet wade all day. Last year Rachel Andras and I taught women's clinics on that weekend on the Upper Sac. Everybody wet waded. If women can wet wade...

Get him a set of proper fitting boots along with a pair of wet wading gravel guards.

MP

PS People are already wet wading the lower sections of the Upper Sac.
Old 07-10-2010, 06:26 AM

oregonsteel has a spectacular aura aboutoregonsteel has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingmonkey View Post
Well I wish I didn't have small feet. I wear a size 8 shoe and my son wears a six 10.5. I sometimes I tease him and tell him he was really the Mailman's kid.

Any way he and I are going to fish the Upper Sacramento River the week of July 26th. However he doesn't fish unless its with me and he lives out in Yucca Valley currently and soon he will be moving to New Orleans so we will only probably get to fish together once a year.

The truth is I'm telling all this to try to justify not buying him a new pair of waders and making him wear an pair of my breathable duck hunting waders however the biggest problem the neoprene stocking feet in my waders only go to a size 9. Would he be able to squeeze his size 10.5 feet without cutting off circulation and being extremely uncomfortable. The fact is except first thing in the morning we will likely end of wet wading do to the heat in Dunsmuir, CA. If he can sqeese into those waders I'll only have to purchase a pair of wading boots for him.
Nah, if he can squeeze into the waders just go to Ted Fay fly shop in Dunsmuir and Bob will set you up with some rental wading boots for a couple of bucks. He might even have rental waders. Give him a call.

---------- Post added at 04:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
I don't know but I can say that a tight neoprene bootie is not a good thing...............
Hey!! It is someone from Wasilla. How is Sarah and Todd doing? How about there daughters speaking tour on teenage sexual abstinance? How is her marriage going?

Oh, did the Russians do anything interesting today (You can see Russia from Wasilla)