The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2012, 10:46 AM

bigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud of
Default Re: 'Fly Box Love' the Picture Thread...........

Ahhh, a few more!

Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!
Old 02-24-2012, 10:48 AM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis

Time to open up shop Jim!

Addicted To Vise
Old 02-24-2012, 10:50 AM

bigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud of

Last of the ones I took pictures of, I have more but need to get them organized!

Some are left over from my commercial tying days. The last pic is a box of trailers I tied for use with jigging spoons.

Hope you enjoy them!

Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!
Old 02-24-2012, 11:01 AM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

All these beautiful (and full) fly boxes make me feel like I need to shackle myself to my tying desk and not do anything else until either all my materials are gone or all possible containers are full!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 02-24-2012, 11:18 AM

Eunan, I would love to open up a shop, but with the economy the way it is, and the costs involved, I can't see it happening for me here in MD. The shops that were here, with only a few exceptions are now gone, not enough support! If I was to open one, it would not just be a fly fishing shop! Perhaps someday!

Gator, don't go burning yourself out trying to keep up with some of the rest of us! Many of my boxes have flies in them that are several years old. Properly stored, they don't go bad! Tie what you need, tie when you can & build up the boxes while having fun with it. Otherwise, it will become work & that's one of the things I think most of us try to get away from when we tie!

Old 02-24-2012, 11:19 AM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatortransplant View Post
All these beautiful (and full) fly boxes make me feel like I need to shackle myself to my tying desk and not do anything else until either all my materials are gone or all possible containers are full!
Doesn't matter, you'll still go fishing and feel like your missing a fly...
gatortransplant likes this.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Doesn't matter, you'll still go fishing and feel like your missing a fly...
Yeah, it is a bit of a sickness!
swirlchaser likes this.

Old 02-24-2012, 11:35 AM

bradyb will become famous soon enoughbradyb will become famous soon enough

bigjim.......wow. simply put, that's a ton of bugs.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:35 AM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis

keep overheads down, sell on ebay and your blog, and various other forums like i do. Nowhere near enough to make a living, but a bit of extra cash on the side is always good.

Addicted To Vise
Old 02-24-2012, 11:50 AM

I've done that before. I tied commercially for 15 years. Time is my biggest issue now. Seems as I've gotten older I have less of it. I drive a tractor trailer for a living, and spend too much time out on the road. When I have free time, I really don't want to be tying just to make extra money. Work is work! All work & no play makes us all very old, very fast!

A fellow told me once you can't serve two masters, and I've learned he was correct. Back when I sold flies, I also worked a full time job. It's a lot easier to do when you're young!

BTW, I'm sitting at home now, not working, waiting for a call from my doctor. They've been running some tests on me & seem to think I have an issue with my heart. I'll have to see a cardiologist to be sure. I may end up going back to tying flies anyway! Life's too short as it is, do what you like & like what you do, and enjoy it while you can!