The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2012, 01:57 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default 'Fly Box Love' the Picture Thread...........

I saw this mentioned on the Reel Love thread by Gatortransplant (AJ) and so here we go.

I know exactly how it is, I know how you sit there and look at things whether you're at home or out on the water. One of the most interesting things I find regarding fly fishing is the bond that we form with our tackle. While rods and reels are pretty cool you & I both know that the heart of the matter is the 'Fly Box' that plays out the terminal roll. At the end of the leader is the 'Fly' and the fly is drawn from the 'Box'.

Go Ahead, take pictures of your Fly Box

Click the image to open in full size.

The box is my King Salmon selection from 2011, picture not so clear but that's the way it goes sometimes...........

I have not replenished the king box since last year and will have to do so. The flies with all the glitter were a gift from another angler. I put them in because you never know what will trigger a salmon. The problem is that the stuff is buoyant and does not sink like a standard salmon fly.

This is my trout box, imagine that? I dreamed of trout on flies like this for many years. for the past 8 seasons I've been able to use wet flies for almost everything. You'll notice the darker colors rule in this slection.

The boxes are the slim alloy clips, thin and light so you can drop 2 in your jacket pockets and not really notice them until you need one.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 02-22-2012, 04:28 AM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise
Default Re: 'Fly Box Love' the Picture Thread...........

good thread ard

smallie luv

pike luv

ak luv

midwest panfish luv

result of panfish luv

casey

ARFE
Old 02-22-2012, 09:01 PM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis

My trout boxes are decimated, Steelhead, not so much. If i spent more time tying flies for myself than for others, i bet there would be many more boxes, or at least these ones would be full. Maybe after this round of swaps i take a break and fill my boxes up!
Not that i'm complaining, I do love a good fly swap or 15

Salmon and Steelhead - Small and Large flies

Tube Flies

This is my on the river trout box, flies from the other boxes go to this one.

Another storage trout fly box -Almost empty, containing of all things, some 'one material comets'

Dry Flies
Smaller dry fly box - also desimated

Big Ass Streamer box

My Classic Wet Flies - eagerly awaiting a new Wheatley Clip box

Addicted To Vise

Last edited by s fontinalis; 02-23-2012 at 09:20 AM.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:13 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

I'm going to have to do some good tying so I can actually have some good looking fly boxes to show Thanks for setting up the thread, Ard!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 02-22-2012, 10:50 PM

mbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to behold

sub'd most of my stuff is store bought, but give me time.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:52 PM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute

I'm pretty happy with the "modular" system I came up with last year. Since then I've filled this one and a second. One case is for saltwater and one for fresh. I take the whole case with me in the truck and pick out the 2-3 boxes that come with me to the water. That's 24 boxes worth of flies, I think I could stop tying for a while, but I wont...

Old 02-23-2012, 01:48 PM

tbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to behold

copper johns, PT's, princes...

Midge larvae, poison tungsten, mercury midge, some wd40ish stuff...

I'll have to take a few more photos.
Old 02-23-2012, 02:09 PM

fly fish utah is on a distinguished road

Caddis on the left pages/Stones on the right. Do you remember when you could get about 100 flies in a box. Man have they improved our fly fishing boxes I get about 400 flies in a box now.
Old 02-23-2012, 03:27 PM

gt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant future
Default Replaying a couple from the past

[IMG]Click the image to open in full size.[/IMG]

Gary
Old 02-23-2012, 03:32 PM

ausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Replaying a couple from the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt05254 View Post

Gary
Nice looking stuff Gary, I thought we were going to see the pic of MT Wheatly again...