The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2012, 04:31 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future
Question Patagonia Double Haul users?

Sigh...yes, another fishing pack question thread. I have to apologize right from the top...but I also would love to hear from any owners of the Patagonia Double Haul sling style pack.

I admit I have a small "pack fetish" - back packs, day packs, specialty fishing packs - but I am also pretty cheap and don't like to just consume for the sake of consuming. I have been using a Fishpond Waterdance guide pack for 3 or 4 years. It's ok, but lacking.

What I really want is the ability to carry water easier, a rain jacket/layer and some food as well as the fishing essentials within easy reach. This sling looks like it could this...but I've never seen one.

Will the back "pack" part of the sling carry a layer, water and smashed PB&J, jerky, snickers? Does the front carry more than one fly box?

I'm not looking for a bunch of recommendations on everyone's individual favorite piece. Just comments on this one item.

Thanks.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:07 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Patagonia Double Haul users?

Dean, no nothing about the pack but was wondering if any of your local fly shops might do a return if you don't like it and you are willing to pay the shipping fees? If one of the local dealers carries that product line and is placing an order from Patagonia the shipping in could be around a dollar.

Dave
Old 03-06-2012, 09:46 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future
Default Re: Patagonia Double Haul users?

Good thought Dave. The shop does carry Patagonia but I've never seen this thing. So maybe they could order it for me, I've got a good relationship with the owner.

You know it was question about what I was buying for my birthday that inspired the question in the first place.