The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2012, 02:55 PM

hunter1 is on a distinguished road
Default net

I use a fishpond chestpack i use as a sling pack. Problem is the net, if i want to use one there is no place to hang one on the pack. I've tried but it hangs in the water. Has any one solved this problem yet.
Old 04-02-2012, 03:05 PM

lancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: net

I like to fish in a mesh tank top. The advantage is that it doubles as a net as well as a clothing item.
Old 04-02-2012, 03:12 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

gotta see this
any documentation

ARFE
Old 04-02-2012, 04:12 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Hahahaha Lancer, great idea. However, as a steelheader, I prefer a longer handled larger net, and the easiest way I've found to carry such a net is to slide the net handle into my wading belt, and the body of the net fits against my back. Works fine with a chestpack, or a chestpack used as a slingpack!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 04-02-2012, 06:22 PM

watson will become famous soon enoughwatson will become famous soon enough

A.J seems to have a good idea, same type of thing I do when I am using my fanny pack.
Not really sure of your set up, but it sounds to me like all you need is a net magnet release.
Something like the many of options available found here. ------------------>

Cheers!
Watson
Old 04-02-2012, 07:38 PM

comeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud of

My chest pack has a waist strap as well so I use one of these on the back side....works pretty well

http://frontrangeanglers.com/sites/d...release_xl.jpg

May Fly Magnetic Net Release XL
Old 04-02-2012, 08:43 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

I use a plastic carabiner and hand the net from the back of my wader shoulder strap. Works great and keeps it out of the water.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:41 PM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

I use a carabiner and a magnetic release, hooked to the dring in the back of my vest, but it could easily be hooked to a wader strap - I also use some stretchy cord (i'm worried I am gonna drop the net and the cord keeps it from getting away) rigged so it is about 3 feet long once the magnet is released.

d

1. the fact or state of having been affected by or gained knowledge through direct observation or participation

2. that thing you get just moments after you needed it.