The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2012, 07:46 PM

angelo1987 is a jewel in the roughangelo1987 is a jewel in the roughangelo1987 is a jewel in the rough
Default A hole in my Raft

I have a pin size hole in my fishing raft. How can I fix the problem I wanna take it out this weekend. Got it from Bass Pro Shop in 2008 only used it one time. Any one know how to fix the problem? What to buy?
Old 04-05-2012, 08:20 PM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Davo Send a message via Skype™ to Davo
Default Re: A hole in my Raft

Should be able to get a repair kit from Bass Pro or go online and search for one at a boating supply store. Be my best guess.

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures
Old 04-05-2012, 08:35 PM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

I fixed a small puncture hole in my raft with a 4" by 4" pool patch and aqua seal. I let it set up for at least 24 hours. if it is bigger than a small puncture hole I don't knowif this will work or not. A patch kit from the manufacturer or a raft patch kit from a local sporting goods store would probably be the right way to fix it, but this is what I had at the time and it held all season.

d

1. the fact or state of having been affected by or gained knowledge through direct observation or participation

2. that thing you get just moments after you needed it.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:58 PM

angelo1987 is a jewel in the roughangelo1987 is a jewel in the roughangelo1987 is a jewel in the rough

Thanks, I will go to Dick's/Wal-mart to see what they got. Yes it's pin-sized hole, I was thinking about buying a tire patch but I didn't know if that's good to enough in water.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:12 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future

If it's just PVC, and a pinhole, Aquaseal should be all you need. Clean the area with MEK or denatured alcohol. Give it a coat or two.
Old 04-05-2012, 11:05 PM

Just got back from Wal-Mart I bought Rubber repair kit patches and some cement wish should hold on perfectly.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:02 AM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Davo Send a message via Skype™ to Davo

Hope it does the trick for you! Follow with an update.

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures
Old 04-06-2012, 08:18 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

What was recommended to me for my float tube bladder was a vinyl repair kit that's sold for waterbeds
I had extensive damage to repair, not just a hole and ended up using Goop and patches cut from an old waterbed mattress.
It's held for a couple of years now
Old 04-06-2012, 08:28 AM

Rip, That what I bought last night but it was a rubber repair kit. Only got that item because it's for pool's wader's etc, I'll find out this weekend if it's going to hold good.