The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2012, 09:54 AM

comeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant future
Default Re: Miniature Screen for bugs

Thank you for the painter's mesh filter. Stopped by Home Depot yesterday and 2 pack is $3.97. It fits over the net very well , no tight spots or snags so doesnt seem like it will tear easily. Man you can really wad the the thing up small and shove it in any pocket on you

Perfect solution, now lets see if I catch more fish
Old 04-15-2012, 03:45 PM

mysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to behold

You are welcome. Now all we need is for one of the famous tackle companies to but their name / logo on it and sell it for 4 times the current price
Old 04-23-2012, 07:50 AM

comeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant future

So I used the mesh this weekend and I must tell you I seriously need to perfect my craft.

I drive up the canyon where it is roadside combat fishing. Me being smart figure Ill park and scramble down to do some pocket water fishing in spots most guys wont go. I get down there safely unfurle my mesh and start investigating. Upon seeing nothing but tan midges approx size 20 in the mesh I rig up my rod with a perfect match midge. Ten minutes later not a nibble, so I re check the bugs...yep size 20 tan midge. 10 minutes later nothing hmmmm now Im confused. Heck with it I throw on a golden stone with the midge behind it.....nothing. OK fine go for broke I do see some bugs flying around but no surface activity. Size 18 Adams with said tan midge trailing. Well at least a few fish looked at the Adams

Thought to myself you know I used to have a lot of luck in this river with a size 18 beadhead hares ear lets try that.....bam fish, fish , fish. I love the little Rainbows that are so playful. Caught a 13" Brown that was fun but caught several 8-9" rainbows that put on such an arial display, those little guys are fun to catch.

I also tried something else and it was awesome. Normally in such tight quarters with such small flies I would string up the old short 3wt. I thought no,give the 9' 4wt a shot and it worked great. No snags in the trees, could roll cast quite a ways all in all more effective than I thought it would be.