The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2012, 12:16 PM

weirdwalkangler is on a distinguished road
Default Where can I find Knee High Neoprenes?

I'm looking for some knee high neoprene socks to use in the summer. The streams I fish in the summer are extremely frigid and I want a little protection, and I'm hoping that they will assist in debris prevention. I first saw them in "Trout Bum Diaries" and I haven't been able to find them anywhere.
Can anyone shed some light or give suggestion?
Old 04-13-2012, 12:30 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where can I find Knee High Neoprenes?

You can get neoprene hip boots most anywhere.
Never heard of the knee-highs
Old 04-13-2012, 02:47 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

Knee-high neoprene socks? That's a new one to me too. Do they come with garters to hold them up? Sorry, sounds silly to me.

I wear nylon pants in the summer, protects the legs from bugs and grasses and all those allergy/prickly things. They dry fast, and cold water usually feels good on a hot summer day.

Or find some hippers or even the waist high breathables.
Old 04-13-2012, 04:57 PM

weirdwalkangler is on a distinguished road

Nylon pants are what I usually wear, but I don't like how the pants feel while trekking from run to run. Not only that, but the amount of bark, tiny rocks and dirt!
Every 30 minutes; find a spot to sit down (near water), untie double-knot, remove shoe, take off sock, flip sock right-side out, submerge sock 2-3 times, submerge shoe 2-3 times, put sock and shoe back on, retie double-knot, and repeat with other foot. It gets old trip after trip…

Mostly I would use them for late spring/early summer, I just can't seem to find anything similar...
Old 04-13-2012, 05:17 PM

jcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nice

I don't know if they have such a thing but check out scuba diving gear.
Old 04-13-2012, 05:48 PM

flying has a spectacular aura aboutflying has a spectacular aura aboutflying has a spectacular aura about

These look interesting. Check out the videos and reviews.

NRS Boundary Sock with HydroCuff at NRSweb.com

I also found some links to Chota knee highs but they are no longer made.
Old 04-13-2012, 06:19 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future

Just get some flats booties or kick boat booties. Check out NRS too.
Old 04-13-2012, 06:53 PM

mudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying View Post
I also found some links to Chota knee highs but they are no longer made.
They still list them on their website along with the new "Hippies" that I have been thinking of getting.
Old 04-13-2012, 06:56 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

So...................... If I really wanted to make a do it myself wet wading system I would get a pair of the neoprene booties, wear them with the wading boot, and check the Outdoor / Mountaineering suppliers for neoprene gaiters. I have a pair of neoprene gaiters and somewhere I have a pair of Hodgmen's neoprene sock / booties.

That sounds about as close as you might get. The gaiters would keep the junk from getting down into the sock / boot.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;