The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2012, 09:22 PM

len s is on a distinguished road
Default Re: So you just dumped your cell phone, Iphone, small camera in the drink ....

Send your phone to Liquipel | Make Your Cell Phone Watersafe, No Case Required! and forget about it. The next gen of phones will have this.

Len S
Old 04-23-2012, 09:23 PM

len s is on a distinguished road
Default Re: So you just dumped your cell phone, Iphone, small camera in the drink ....

double tap

Last edited by len s; 04-25-2012 at 11:17 AM. Reason: sorry double tap
Old 04-23-2012, 10:20 PM

fire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to behold

After joining the "I can't believe that I let my cell phone get wet" club, I purchaed a small waterproof Pelican case that holds my cell phone, wallet, and car keys. This way, I can bring them with me in the kayak, in-case I need any of them. The case is bulky, but is small enough to fit in the back pocket of my vest, if necessary. Otherwise, I just double plastic bag my fishing license, car keys, and cell phone in a pants pocket below the wader-belt.

"A leader with great passion and few skills always outperforms a leader with great skills and little passion." Chief Rick Lasky
Old 04-24-2012, 08:37 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

My bud and I were recently on a fishing trip and he had dropped his work phone in the sink of a restaurant that we were having lunch in. Not such a bad thing on vacation unless you need to be accessible as he does.

The previous year, we were using radios while covering ground on a particular stream and I dropped the radio in some water along the bank. I pulled it out, pulled the battery and promptly popped a bag of desiccant in the battery area that I had got from a recent electronics purchase. Let it sit for a couple of days and the radio worked as good as new. We did the same thing with his cell phone and it worked like a charm.

That Liquapel stuff looks intriguing, I've considered it for my iPhone but want to hear first hand accounts before going down that road. I also don't particularly care to be without my phone for a few days either. I'll let the bugs work themselves out first.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:08 PM

nymtber is on a distinguished road

There are waterproof/resistant cameras, cell phones, and other electronics that most of us sportsman should consider. Of course I just have a cheap water proof case that I throw my stuff in, but a water resistant camera is on my list of things to splurge on.

There IS a new iPhone case that is supposed to be impact resistant and water resistant, and its pretty slim (guy at work has one). I hate iPhone, but if you have one, its something worth the money... I have a cheap slider, and its so far the toughest phone I have owned, but my brother bought me a phone bag for kayaking, so I can txt through it and keep it dry
Old 05-10-2012, 01:45 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, the Life-proof cases. They aren't exactly cheap as far as cases go but a new phone isn't cheap either!