The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2012, 08:36 PM

2012185 is on a distinguished road
Default Cheap waders?

Does anyone know where I can get a pair of cheap waders? I am new to this and being a young guy I don't have much money.

Thanks!
Old 05-14-2012, 12:25 AM

rangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to all
Default Re: Cheap waders?

Check LL Bean's Emerger II breathable chest waders. Very reasonable price, excellent warranty.

Peace.
"Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn." ~Chuck Clark
Old 05-14-2012, 07:42 AM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

I know you said cheap, so, here goes, hodgemans, cabelas, dicks sporting goods, you can get into a set of waders for under or at $100. I have used hodgemans, my buddy has a $99 pair of cabelas breathables. They will work, and will last you probably a couple seasons if you are not bushwhacking and you take care of them (don't throw them in the back seat in a wad, hang them to dry, etc).

That said, one of the most expensive individual pieces of fly fishing gear I own is my waders. I understand the need to sometimes get in cheap, see if you like it, etc. This is the path I took originally, and I don't regret it cuz that is what I needed to do then.

You will eventually want a really good set of waders (a few hundred bucks) if you stick to it. If you are sure, and you have the money, buy a good set up front instead of buying twice.

d

1. the fact or state of having been affected by or gained knowledge through direct observation or participation

2. that thing you get just moments after you needed it.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:37 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

I think that I might have a wader problem
I've never owned stockingfoot breathables before and I thought they may important for an up coming trip so the other day I bought a pair of Cabela's "Premium Dry-Plus' stocking foots ($150)
Afterwards, I realized that this was my 6th pair of (just) Cabela's waders that I currently own
I have a pair of the Dry-Plus bootfoots (5 years old) for the surf. A pair of 15 year old featherlight stockingfoots, a pair of featherlight stocking foot hippers, a pair of 5 mil neoprenes (older than 15 years) and an old pair of 3 Forks stocking foots (hot, never wear 'em)... and they're all Cabela's
Plus I have some traditional type Hodgeman canvas hippers that I wear regularly
I like to think that as I rotate through all these, wearing the most appropriate that they last longer
Now I'm thinking that maybe i just have a wader problem
Old 05-14-2012, 03:15 PM

FISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip Tide View Post
I think that I might have a wader problem
I've never owned stockingfoot breathables before and I thought they may important for an up coming trip so the other day I bought a pair of Cabela's "Premium Dry-Plus' stocking foots ($150)
Afterwards, I realized that this was my 6th pair of (just) Cabela's waders that I currently own
I have a pair of the Dry-Plus bootfoots (5 years old) for the surf. A pair of 15 year old featherlight stockingfoots, a pair of featherlight stocking foot hippers, a pair of 5 mil neoprenes (older than 15 years) and an old pair of 3 Forks stocking foots (hot, never wear 'em)... and they're all Cabela's
Plus I have some traditional type Hodgeman canvas hippers that I wear regularly
I like to think that as I rotate through all these, wearing the most appropriate that they last longer
Now I'm thinking that maybe i just have a wader problem

Congratulations...... You've taken the first step toward the cure by admitting you have a problem.
My wife says that I have a similar problem with rods but I won't admit it.........
Old 05-14-2012, 06:07 PM

2012185 is on a distinguished road

Well this will be an expensive hobbie! (But worth it) Thanks for the help fellas!
Old 05-14-2012, 06:17 PM

trout sniper is on a distinguished road

I have a pair of new hodgman lakestream noprenes in size large that are stockingfoot and very comfortable, if you are interested $60 shipped will buy them. They were never used, just stored hanging upo in my ac/d home. Hodgman products are decent. PM me if interested.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:30 PM

famill00 will become famous soon enough

You can get a pair of Cabelas breathables (stocking foot) and a pair of boots as a "combo" for around 150 or so.... Decent waders and boots too!

-Forrest
Old 05-14-2012, 09:42 PM

Mnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really nice

you can get a pair of hodgman boot foot chest waders for $45 at wal mart, or a hip wader for $35 also.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:45 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

go ll bean. they have a rock solid life time guarantee and are very well made.
my wife has a pair of flyweight waders that are going on three years now with no problems and that cost around 75 dollars.
here's the newest model-
Flyweight II Stocking-Foot Waders: Flyweight | Free Shipping at L.L.Bean

casey

ARFE