The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2012, 03:38 PM

Mnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really nice
Default Re: "hat" love

Great pics! also nice to put a face to the names. Keep em comin'.
Old 05-29-2012, 02:23 AM

angelo1987 is a jewel in the roughangelo1987 is a jewel in the roughangelo1987 is a jewel in the rough

I'am not a baseball fan but the love the Yankee hat's
My and My wife's

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 05-29-2012, 10:04 AM

Noiso is just really niceNoiso is just really niceNoiso is just really niceNoiso is just really niceNoiso is just really nice

I had the same khaki colored baseball cap for years. Somehow it got misplaced this year. It had blackberry stains on the inside, never been washed and I sewed/shoegooed the patch from my local club on it. Bummer, I hope it turns up, but I am not superstitious. I am catching fish without it.

I found a fishing hat at Salvation Army for $5 on %20 off day (you do the math). I also found a pair of Suncloud polarized Flight model sunglasses for $2 (-%20) They have a little scuff on the right lens but it is not noticeable when wearing them.

I get to try out both this coming weekend up in NorCal. All I need is a drying patch for the hat!
Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.
"By the time I was a teenager I fit the standard profile of a lifelong angler. I was lazy, shiftless, unambitious and willing to work hard only at things that were widely considered useless." ~John Gierach
Old 06-16-2012, 08:39 PM

steve_eth is on a distinguished road

My 15 year old Stussy hat. Are they still around? My hat is!

Old 06-16-2012, 09:37 PM

darwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
From Tuntutuliak and a nice Elder Woman there, Beaver with a Russian Blue Fox top & tail. It's warm

There are more but I'll need to find the pictures.............

Good thread
Ard the missus loves your fur hat and said she wants one. I reminder her that we live in the middle of the desert and said she would have no use for a fur hat she snorted and stomped out the room
She wont go too far, we have a dust storm moving through.
Old 06-17-2012, 03:21 PM

wannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to behold

I found this cap while hunting a few years back and wore it more and longer than any hat I've owned; now I have affixed my video camera to it:

Old 06-17-2012, 04:40 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

here's a picture taken yesterday, June 16. This is nancy wearing her "fishing hat", she can't seem to fish without it and she beat me on the numbers yesterday also. By the way, I drug a really big one to within 6 feet of shore last night after we had to follow him in the boat because of the terrain. The fish ran like a purse snatcher and there was no way to follow except by boat. It was very much the heart break when the hook came loose...................

Nancy's hat

kayo likes this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 06-17-2012, 06:48 PM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future

Thick and thin, skunkings, heat, rain, snow, even standing under a heron roost (it didn't take a direct hit but it close was enough) my good ole Red Shed Head goes the distance loaded with mojo!
fysh likes this.
Old 07-30-2012, 03:00 PM

redleg155 is on a distinguished road

Great hats. Sorry I don't have a photo, but have several hats. I guess besides seasonality, I take my cleanest dirty hat.
Old 08-02-2012, 03:53 PM

pete a has a spectacular aura aboutpete a has a spectacular aura aboutpete a has a spectacular aura about

I fish in TX and LA where much/most of the time it's just plain hot, even in the winter sometimes. So our hats wear from the inside out. Also pics of my son's hats in action this summer (Sam's 6# spec was released to fight another day, he's a fair weather flyfisherman). Both pics taken underneath the "Cotter Trout" hat.

My wife says they smell?? I can't understand why she thinks that. Lots of great times spent underneath these.

Pete A.