The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2012, 09:37 PM

Mnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really nice
Default "hat" love

Seen the other 'love' threads for rod, reel and fly box. What about one for your favorite fishing hat? Lets see 'em!!
I'll start.

Click the image to open in full size.

I wear this one mostly, or i have a camo cap i wear when the creek is real clear.
I would like to get a brim hat, but have yet to find one i like.
Hardyreels and Davo like this.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:30 PM

mbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: "hat" love

ok this could be fun,, I have a have problem... Ill leave it at that. Ill get some photos soon. I found a cheap brim hat at wallyworld, not great but ok. Still looking for the 'right' one myself.

Sub'ed. this should be fun.
Mike
Old 05-14-2012, 10:38 PM

evan_aff is on a distinguished road

My hat is whatever hat I can fit on my head... Which isn't many. No company makes a ball style cap that fits my head. The adjustable snap back kind will sometimes fit on the last snap adjustment... But then the hat looks so stretched that it's just weird. My Simms size XL flexfit hat is stretched to oblivion... And the "flex" no longer flexes.

At a trade show two weeks ago, I told the custom hat builder at the booth next to me he didn't have a hat in his booth that would fit me.. He laughed and set one on my head... And set it did... on TOP of my head, not where it should. He said it was the biggest head he had ever tried to put a hat on.

There is my sob story for you.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:54 PM

Mnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbphotos54 View Post
ok this could be fun,, I have a have problem... Ill leave it at that. Ill get some photos soon. I found a cheap brim hat at wallyworld, not great but ok. Still looking for the 'right' one myself.

Sub'ed. this should be fun.
Mike
was it the mossy oak or realtree one? i almsost bought it, and probly will just to have some protection on the back of my neck and ears, etc.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:54 PM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

I'm like MB, I think I have a problem, I have a ton of hats golf hats, jeep hats, camo hats, fishing hats, military hats, cowboy hats, beenies, winter hats,

I'm ok though because I don't have one of those with the built in sun shades down the back, and I don't own a buff (yet).

d

1. the fact or state of having been affected by or gained knowledge through direct observation or participation

2. that thing you get just moments after you needed it.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:15 PM

kayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to all

A Columbia, made in Portland Oregon.

Old 05-14-2012, 11:20 PM

mbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnflyfish View Post
was it the mossy oak or realtree one? i almsost bought it, and probly will just to have some protection on the back of my neck and ears, etc.
actully it was in the clothing dept.. its light OD green. Ill pile the hat collection up for a photo, this will be scary..
Old 05-15-2012, 12:07 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Kayo! It's you! Putting a Face to The Name

I have a few:

The Gerber complete with Flip Focal

Very appropriate at times is this 'Life is Good' fish hat by Jake

The ever popular Chevy hat; I got 2 with the truck. Thanks Chevy

A favorite vintage North Face that I talked a dealer out of

From Tuntutuliak and a nice Elder Woman there, Beaver with a Russian Blue Fox top & tail. It's warm

An old picture but I wear it every winter, Donagal Tweed by David Hanna & Sons. Great hat another warm one.

There are more but I'll need to find the pictures.............

Good thread

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 05-15-2012, 01:13 AM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

great hats ard
love the fur

casey

ARFE
Old 05-15-2012, 03:23 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

I got myself a free Winston Rod Co. hat back in 2004 at the big tackle show in Denver but never wore it until I got that Winston Spey rod last year. Now I'll have it worn out before summer I would love to have a Hardy cap but after all their reels that I've bought over the past 34 years I can't pay for a hat! All of my favorites were free with a purchase or a dealer gave them to me to get rid of me A couple were gifts.

All except the fur hat, that one cost a bunch.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;