The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2012, 04:26 PM

greenfish4 is on a distinguished road
Default Korkers redside

I have been looking for a good pair of cheap boots and I was thinking of getting some korkers redsides. I like the idea of the interchangeable soles, i would like to go for the chromed with the boa system, but the budget is the limiting factor here.

Looking for any insight I can get.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:24 AM

fly_or_die is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Korkers redside

I have a pair of the mudder duckers which are essentially the redsides but with a camo pattern. I have only had them a few weeks but I'm extremely happy with them so far. They are very light weight and drain water fast. I like the interchangeable soles as well and that was the main reason I bought them. I liked the idea of the boa system but decided to go with the basic option. My thoughts on the boa system was that if they ever failed in the field you wouldn't be able to repair them easily to get through the day or possibly an expensive trip, but maybe that's looking at the glass half empty. So far thought I would give them two thumbs up!