The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2012, 06:43 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Pimped my ride

Not sure where to put this, is there a pontoon/float tube section?

This is my 2013 Assault.

Click the image to open in full size.

The FRAMELESS pontoons do pose a problem on where to mount things due to the oars.
I added Scotty glue ons which allow me to use Scotty fly rod holders, Scotty Anchor, or the Scotty Camera mount.

I got the NFO Apron and added a little more velcro so it wraps around the toons

I used Dog clips on the motor mount for quick connections

I used a 3" Nylon strap with quick clip for the Transducer

Use a Wing Nut so easy to raise and lower then tighten

I mounted a Ram ball mount to a piece of plywood which is the length of my side bag plus velcro on the bottom to hold it in place

Then I use a 4" Ram Mount to the ball mount on the Sonar screen.

I topped it all off with the Ultra Light Oars:

And the Omega Flip Fins

Old 06-14-2012, 06:52 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pimped my ride

Holy smokes! Is there anything that 'toon doesn't have?

Very cool Joni
Old 06-14-2012, 07:10 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Nice ride Joni!

We don't have a raft / boat forum but you could join 'The Forum Yacht Club' I'm serious, check the Social groups or better yet take this; http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/fo...all-kinds.html

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 06-14-2012, 08:53 PM

mbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to behold

now thats what you call 'ready'
Old 06-15-2012, 05:31 AM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

you need a hibachi so you can take fish straight from the water to the grill

Very nice ride!

d
oarfish likes this.

1. the fact or state of having been affected by or gained knowledge through direct observation or participation

2. that thing you get just moments after you needed it.
Old 06-15-2012, 07:09 AM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=jaybo41;463532]Holy smokes! Is there anything that 'toon doesn't have?
Joni,I can't see a Jug for making a Cuppa.Beaut Set Up you have.

Just that we were down at one of our Snowy Mountain Lakes & I noticed which I've never seen before a Guy had a Billy on board so he could stop,boil it & have a Cuppa with Lunch.
Brian
Old 06-15-2012, 10:56 AM

riverbilly is just really niceriverbilly is just really niceriverbilly is just really niceriverbilly is just really niceriverbilly is just really nice

Now that's a fishing machine right there. Well thought out and about all you need. Do you use a full sized 12v battery?
Old 06-15-2012, 11:21 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

impressive Jonilooks like Baxter is wondering where his seat is...
Old 06-15-2012, 11:22 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Joni: Very well thought out, I love the way you used the dog clamps for quick setup on the motor mount and the ingenius 3" nylon strap with the quick clips for the transducer............looks like I need to make a trip down to the hardware store!

Old 06-15-2012, 01:40 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

I do use the break your back full size #27 battery. It is in a fancy box with clips for the motor and the sonar. The Assault is smaller than the Renegade so less room behind me.
However, I do have 36" inseam so I have the seat back a ways. There is room for my PFD then the battery. I kind of lean against the pfd which is really comfortable.

Thing is, all I have added is two glue ons front and rear for rod/anchor/camera mounts and the sonar. The motor and mount is the same on all outlaws. But I had all this empty space in front of me, so I thought an apron or shelve. Cool thing will be to lay the fish on the ruler and snap a picture with little handling, and the apron is rubber coated. Not all fish, just the questionable ones...LOL