The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2012, 09:27 PM

redyote is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Chest Pack Recommendations?

I have fallen in love with the William Joseph old school satchel. It's a sling, but it has a belt so it can flop at your side, be sinched he'd up tight on your back, or be swung around front. It's awesome...and on clearance at madison river fly co for $39.
Old 06-30-2012, 03:12 AM

fishindave is on a distinguished road

Interested in a chest pack also...Concerned about the size. Not so much for capacity but actual fit. (I'm a big guy, 6"2" and 230 lbs) I will have to purchase online due to my location,and do not want to have to deal w/ returns from FOB in AFG. Great thread BTW....

OH MY! OMAN! 2013
"All I want from life is an unfair advantage" W.C. Fields
Old 06-30-2012, 08:01 AM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

The way the Simms Headwaters cinches up is interesting. It is highly adjustable while only needing to pull on two adjustments, though the system is hard to explain. Something tells me that it would fit your frame, Dave. I'm the opposite end of the spectrum, looking something like an extra in a movie about starvation (blame the metabolism), but I know that the straps have plenty of extra room. And yeah, some of those William Joseph bags are really neat looking, whether its those mag-closure bags or the old school satchel. I think a new Simms backpack is next on the purchase list though to carry camera equipment and the Headwaters pack will clip on to it...

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 07-05-2012, 03:25 PM

45fisher is on a distinguished road

William Joseph fan here.
I have 2 each Mini II chest packs. One for my trout fishing and one for my smallie fishing.
The 'security pack' is pretty useless and NOT waterproof!
Other than that they hold everything I need to fish all day, for trout or smallies.
I believe it has a lifetime warranty that includes repair of old or new items. I have never had to test this out but sounds good. I will probably send my older one in this fall after the season ends to get it 're-furbished.'

larry
Old 07-09-2012, 08:24 PM

rider14x is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vans View Post
Im a chest pack junkie. Love them. I would recommend the William Joeseph Current chest pack with the magnetic closures. Works great. Great quality at a great price.
+1...I use the WillyJoe and it is great. The magnetic closure and built-in zingers are really nice.