The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2012, 10:23 PM

mudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: A DIY Cliff Beast Fly box

I filled another up with bass flies.

Click the image to open in full size.

If you spend time fishing from a boat, buy another piece of foam and glue it on the top. It's a great place to put flies you are using or for letting them dry after removing them.

Click the image to open in full size.
mcnerney and itchmesir like this.
Old 11-24-2012, 11:09 PM

dakotakid has a spectacular aura aboutdakotakid has a spectacular aura aboutdakotakid has a spectacular aura about

Also tried to place an order and the site went down just before I could finish. In case you hadn't noticed, they also offer a slightly smaller box (9.5x2.75x10 vs 12x3.25x10), which seems to be plenty big.
Old 11-24-2012, 11:16 PM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold

Site is back up ordered 2 boxes.. $12 and some change

step 1: buy boxes
step 2: ???
step 3: profit

---------- Post added at 11:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakotakid View Post
Also tried to place an order and the site went down just before I could finish. In case you hadn't noticed, they also offer a slightly smaller box (9.5x2.75x10 vs 12x3.25x10), which seems to be plenty big.
almost ordered one of those too... but wanted to make sure they were big enough.. so just went with the one posted in the OP and by everyone else in this thread... though those smaller ones are only like $4/ea right now
Old 11-25-2012, 07:23 AM

dakotakid has a spectacular aura aboutdakotakid has a spectacular aura aboutdakotakid has a spectacular aura about

Also ordered two. The extra one should work fine as a travel and storage case for my vise.
Old 11-29-2012, 03:40 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

I have a made more of these now. I have also found the Michael's has the art bins usually for 40% off as well. A couple of carefully placed skinny water culture stickers and you wouldnt even know its from a craft store.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 11-29-2012, 07:03 PM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl_geoff View Post
I have a made more of these now. I have also found the Michael's has the art bins usually for 40% off as well. A couple of carefully placed skinny water culture stickers and you wouldnt even know its from a craft store.
nah.. I'd rather let people see that you can save yourself roughly $50 by doing stuff by yourself instead of paying insane markup prices for an ugly mustard yellow craft box
Old 11-29-2012, 08:16 PM

darwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the rough

Sign up for the Joann coupons, these boxes where $5.99 and free shipping last week. I would bet they make a similar offer before Christmas.
itchmesir likes this.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:30 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

this is definitely going on my winter project ideas list!!

casey

ARFE
Old 11-29-2012, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darwin View Post
Sign up for the Joann coupons, these boxes where $5.99 and free shipping last week. I would bet they make a similar offer before Christmas.
that's what I paid for mine.. 2 boxes shipped for just 11.98 no sign up.. I always do a google search of "__insert website here___ coupon codes" and then click on retailmenot.com link when I go to sites I rarely.. if ever... have ordered from