The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2012, 09:00 PM

Troutwhisperer will become famous soon enoughTroutwhisperer will become famous soon enough
Default waterproof camera

Well me and my digital camera went for a swim in the middle fork of the Flathead the other day. I'm in the market for a new camera but this time preferrably a water proof camera.

I'm not looking for a super expensive one but would like one that takes nice pictures. I'm not to worried about video.

Thanks

"I have a river runs through it on blue ray, so yeah, I guess you could say I know a thing or two about fly fishing."

http://mtwhitefish.blogspot.com
Old 08-06-2012, 09:35 PM

ghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud of
Default Re: waterproof camera

I love my Nikon Coolpix AW100s.

Got a great deal on eBay on it. Worth a look if you can find one.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:39 AM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

I have the Panasonic TS3 and Im really happy with it. So are my friends who I've let borrow it.

The Nikon AW100 is also a good option, it was released the day after I had ordered my TS3 otherwise I probably would have considered it.

Canon also just released an up to date D10 waterproof but they are kinda goofy looking and feel funny. Guy I work with has one and it likes to get lense errors though.

Stay away from the Fuji Fine pics cameras, my friend has one and its less then steller.

olympus also makes a pretty decent tough camera, just shop around, you'll find something you like.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 08-07-2012, 11:02 AM

khende is on a distinguished road

I have the Fuji XP and I find it more than adequate for me. It performs well in onstream situations and comes with a float so if it is dropped it can be retrived. The large screen allows for easy framing of the shot and the video feature is easy to use. It is also significantly less expensive than the Nikon. I am an avid outdoor photographer and I have two high end Nikons so I do not use the Fugi for anything other than on stream photography. The only real complaint I have is that some of the controls seem small but I have that issue with all small cameras.
Old 08-07-2012, 11:06 AM

spiderninja will become famous soon enough

Not sure if you are an iphone kind of person, but I've been waiting for my SLXtreme(used to be aqua tek s) case for a couple of months. Just started shipping to the first backers earlier this month. Hopefully will be caught up soon enough. Of course the iphone camera might not be up to your quality requirements, but still pretty cool.

Snow Lizard Products
Old 08-07-2012, 11:28 PM

silver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond repute

For today only a Panasonic Lumix Waterproof camera for $99.00 with free shipping. I have the predecessor camera and it is fantastic.

Amazon.com: Panasonic Lumix TS20 16.1 MP TOUGH Waterproof Digital Camera with 4x Optical Zoom (Orange): Camera & Photo Amazon.com: Panasonic Lumix TS20 16.1 MP TOUGH Waterproof Digital Camera with 4x Optical Zoom (Orange): Camera & Photo

Panasonic LUMIX DMC-TS20 16MP Waterproof Camera for $99 + free shipping

$99
Today only, Amazon offers the Panasonic LUMIX DMC-TS20 16.1-Megapixel Digital Camera in Orange, model no. DMCTS20D, for $99 with free shipping. That's $34 under our June mention and the best shipped price we've ever seen. (It's also a current price low by $30). It's waterproof to 16 feet, shockproof to five feet, freeze-proof to 14 degrees Fahrenheit, and dust-proof. Features include a 2.7" LCD, 4x optical zoom, optical image stabilization, HD (720p) video capture, SDHC memory card slot, USB connectivity, and more.

Silver

http://tinyurl.com/kkctayx

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy
Old 08-08-2012, 12:01 PM
Business Member

CutThroat Leaders is a name known to allCutThroat Leaders is a name known to allCutThroat Leaders is a name known to allCutThroat Leaders is a name known to allCutThroat Leaders is a name known to allCutThroat Leaders is a name known to all

I have a Olympus Tough waterproof camera. Great pics above and below water. Even the video below water great. (if the water is clear).

Very fast shutter speed as well when taking regular pics.

Just my two cents....

Mike
Hand Woven Furled Leaders
Original: http://www.cutthroatleader.com/
New Site: http://www.cutthroatfurledleaders.com/
email. sales@cutthroatleader.com
Old 08-08-2012, 01:35 PM

Troutwhisperer will become famous soon enoughTroutwhisperer will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Re: waterproof camera

Thanks guys for the feedback. I actually brought this up with my mom and she had already bought me the one that was on sale from amazon. It was supposed to be a Christmas present. Oh well.

Thanks!
argail likes this.

"I have a river runs through it on blue ray, so yeah, I guess you could say I know a thing or two about fly fishing."

http://mtwhitefish.blogspot.com
Old 08-08-2012, 06:51 PM

argail is just really niceargail is just really niceargail is just really niceargail is just really niceargail is just really nice

Mama Good