The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

Like Tree126Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2012, 08:10 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Tent Thread;

For years my old canvas Baker tent served me well on many trips. When I couldn't patch it anymore, couldn't bare to part with it so I made it a planter.
Click the image to open in full size.
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 10-12-2012, 12:30 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: The Tent Thread;

pictures from our camp
.... when you need more than just a tent

Old 10-14-2012, 10:47 AM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

Had a travel trailer, and got rid of it, my family and I camp in a Cabelas Guide series now, 10x20 - great cabin tent, but a little too much when I do a solo fishing trip. I also have a 8x16 that my son and I use sometimes. But I have been thinking about, on and off over the last couple years now, buying or building one of those teardrop trailers. they can be built on a 4x8 harbor freight or similar trailer and are just about a perfect size for one, or two if your cozy. I figured I could beef up the suspension and hook it to the back of the jeep and take it just about anywhere.

Just another thought for solo or two person camping, and you could build in a little heater if you wanted.

The one I saw that made me start thinking about this was a home built called a weekender - a couple sheets of plywood, a little waterproofing and it was good to go.

here is a link or two if your interested
http://thebournes.us/weekender/weekender.html

and the original

http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f...ilit=weekender

d
Hardyreels and mcnerney like this.

1. the fact or state of having been affected by or gained knowledge through direct observation or participation

2. that thing you get just moments after you needed it.

Last edited by webrx; 10-14-2012 at 01:11 PM.
Old 10-14-2012, 03:51 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip Tide View Post
pictures from our camp
.... when you need more than just a tent

Hey Rip I see three Dutch Ovens there! What's cooking?
Old 10-15-2012, 12:00 AM

racine is a jewel in the roughracine is a jewel in the roughracine is a jewel in the roughracine is a jewel in the rough

I was in a tent with 3 others when a good gust caught us and rolled us down a small hill with 2 coolers full of ice, hot dogs, OJ, milk, beer, bacon and steaks. We had 4 cots, sleeping bags and day packs in there. 50+' later we were all tangled up tighter than sardines lathered with mustard and milk and twisted cot frames. That was the shortest camping trip I ever made.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:35 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboz View Post
Hey Rip I see three Dutch Ovens there! What's cooking?
nothing there.
when they're in use, it looks like this

Hardyreels and thorsten like this.
Old 10-15-2012, 01:37 PM

I see Dutch Ovens I think of some of the best camp meals I've ever had! From chicken pot pie to my favorite apple crisp man that's good stuff. Made me dig out my old Dutch Oven recipe book!

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 PM ----------

Looks like some corn bread in there!
Old 10-15-2012, 02:28 PM

... Yeah my friend Charlie (in the sandals ) likes to have his corn bread
I'm in charge of dinner tomorrow night so I guess I should bring the ingredients to make some.
He's bringing the Scotch so it's all good.
theboz likes this.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:12 PM

thorsten has a spectacular aura aboutthorsten has a spectacular aura aboutthorsten has a spectacular aura about

Hello Camping Friends,

this is my current (small) tent, a Hilleberg Allak. It is really well made and for one person comfortable. If you are using it for two people, you should love you al little bit

Hardyreels, mcnerney and countr21 like this.

THORSTEN
Old 11-05-2012, 11:08 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

From Mountain tents to RV's to the Out House, this is a good browse for sure I just went back and had a look, pretty good showing.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;