The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2012, 07:37 PM

ted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to behold
Default Redington Sonic Pro Zip Front Waders

I'm in need of a new chest wader, and since the Sonic Pro waist highs have been nothing short of amazing, I would like to give the chest waders a try. My biggest concern is durability of the waterproof zipper though. Anyone have any reviews on the zip fronts? How long have you been using them?
Old 09-08-2012, 08:09 PM

wannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Redington Sonic Pro Zip Front Waders

I have almost two seasons in now with no leaks; I did lose a couple zipper teeth somehow but they were near the top so not a problem. (I think I jammed the zipper there once) Mine are the older style, not sonic.
Old 09-08-2012, 10:28 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute

I have had mine since they were released in February of last year. After 100 plus fishing days in them, no leaks. Zero zipper issues. I like the pocket configuration.

Two minor issues with mine though.

1. Breathability. It's on par with most non-Gore Tex membranes. I notice some condensation on the inside of my waders. It is not a big issue. I do not notice it until I remove them.

2. Neoprene sock is slightly bigger than I like. I believe that the neoprene stocking feet are made for a size 9 to 11 on a size medium. I measure 8.5 D on the Brannock. Not much that I can do with it. Again, not a big issue.

Dennis
Old 09-08-2012, 11:08 PM

ted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to behold

Thanks guys, order has been placed.

I'm with you on those issues Mosca. Like I said, I actually have a pair of the waist highs and can't complain for what I paid. But I am glad to hear that the zipper configuration works well for you. The baggy neoprene socks bother me quite a bit during the warmer months, but during the winter I really like extra room. Guess I can't get it both ways.