The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2012, 01:24 PM

mbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to behold
Default Got a Toon

Click the image to open in full size.

Well i couldnt pass this up, Iv been looking for a fishing platfrom, so now I have one. the looks I got driving in town were priceless.

Mike
Old 09-12-2012, 01:28 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of
Default Re: Got a Toon

Sick upgrade Mike! That'll make lake-fishing for bass a bit easier, though I don't know how well Otter Creek will take that thing

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 09-12-2012, 01:44 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Mike: Congrats, a toon is a great platform to fly fish from......let the fun begin!

Old 09-12-2012, 01:46 PM

mbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to behold

I had a big carp roll with in 15 ft of me while out playing around, yes the fun shouldbe soon.. I also have big power kites,, i seen some other possiblities HAHAH. AJ, the far back of the creek might be doable, its almost still water I need to make a trailer for my MTB
Old 09-12-2012, 02:12 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Well that's one advantage of having the MTB, you just throw the bike in the back of the vehicle, drive to where you'll be pulling out, lock up the bike, and then drive to the put-in with the toon. When you're done with the float, if you're really worried about theft, just lock the toon up with the same chain you just took the bike off :P As far as a MTB trailer, when that happens, I'd love to see a photo... wouldn't it be easier to just deflate it?

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 09-12-2012, 03:08 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

SCORE!!!! Big time. If I wasn't such an NFO freak, that would be the boat I would buy.
Bronco is solid, trust worth ride for sure.
Now add rod holders and don't forget the LEASHES.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:41 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

nice boat mike!!
i would love to have one.

ARFE
Old 09-12-2012, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni View Post
SCORE!!!! Big time. If I wasn't such an NFO freak, that would be the boat I would buy.
Bronco is solid, trust worth ride for sure.
Now add rod holders and don't forget the LEASHES.
I really like the frameless NFO toons, but for how I got this, itll do just fine. Ill be making it my own soon. I need to clean it up, any suggestions as to what to clean and protect the pontoons would be great.
MIke
Old 09-12-2012, 10:03 PM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future

You probably know this already but just in case, keep tabs on the inflation levels. Going over mountains and being in the hot sun can raise the inflation enough to pop seams or worse yet, pop the bladders. A friend of mine just had his blow out a couple weeks ago just from sitting in the sun.
Enjoy the ride.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackster View Post
You probably know this already but just in case, keep tabs on the inflation levels. Going over mountains and being in the hot sun can raise the inflation enough to pop seams or worse yet, pop the bladders. A friend of mine just had his blow out a couple weeks ago just from sitting in the sun.
Enjoy the ride.
ill be doing a pull apart clean up this weekend, I plan to not inflate it super tight so thats not as much of a worry. thanks