The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Hardyreels

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2012, 03:36 PM

BlueBird will become famous soon enoughBlueBird will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to BlueBird Send a message via MSN to BlueBird
Default Pro Line Men's Nitro Wading Shoe

Just bought this wading shoes from the big box store for a bargain price. The materials seems to be okay. I wont be able to know its performance till October.

Does anybiody have tried this pair?

Click the image to open in full size.

Specs from the website:

For superior performance on the water, try the Pro Line Men's Nitro Wading Shoe. This wading shoe features rugged nylon and synthetic upper, and a reinforced toe and heel for added protection. Its lightweight, polyurethane midsole and slip resistant, sticky rubber outsole, keeps you on your feet. The easy on/off pull loop makes getting in and out of them a breeze.

FEATURES:

Rugged nylon and synthetic upper
Reinforced toe and heel for added protection
Lightweight PU midsole
Slip resistant, sticky rubber outsole
Pull loop for easy on and off
Model: 52103
Pro Line
Old 09-17-2012, 10:14 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Pro Line Men's Nitro Wading Shoe

I'll watch for your report in October, I have no experience with these. They look good and will probably work fine. Are they studded, if not think on adding some sort of studs if you are going to slippery places. When you use them let us know about the comfort after a long day and the ease of getting them on and off, these 2 things have become top of the list for me as I get older. It will take a few years before you know how they will hold up over time but I'm glad to hear you got a good buy.

Ard
mcnerney likes this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 09-18-2012, 04:58 AM

BlueBird will become famous soon enoughBlueBird will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to BlueBird Send a message via MSN to BlueBird

Thanks Ard, i will post updates.

As for the ProLine, the pair does not have studded soles, only plain sticky rubber.
The only concern I have with the ProLine is that it does not have the midsole drainage port to quickly drains water out from the boot.

I actually wanted to get the Field & Stream's boots but they dont have my size 11 available.
That Field & Stream's also comes with the rubber soles but you have the option attach the metal studs.

Note: The studs are just regular 1/4" hex metal screws (see below).

Last edited by BlueBird; 09-18-2012 at 07:42 AM.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:19 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Pro Line Men's Nitro Wading Shoe

Just be sure to check the total thickness of the soles before inserting the studs so that there is no chance of them reaching the foot bed.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;