The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2012, 03:13 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Korkers Hyjacks

Ted, the boots .... pre-Chormes ..... did have their issues. You should see my fishing partners boots ..... tatters, total tatters. When you see the 'old' and 'new' side by side no question as to which is the better boot.

fae
Old 09-26-2012, 03:55 PM

ted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to behold

I can't imagine mine aren't the new ones, but maybe I'm wrong. I just had them replaced with brand new ones around July 4th. Do the new ones look any different from the old ones? If so, can you post up a picture for me to see the difference?

Interesting side note: I just got off the phone with Korkers and was more than happy with their customer support. They are offering to upgrade me to the new guide boot when it comes out in December, otherwise just get me a new pair of Chromes in sent out immediately. I'm going to opt for the guide boots though. Exchanging for a new pair of boots every few months is not what I want to deal with. But a company that stands behind its products is one that warrants another try.
Old 09-26-2012, 04:57 PM

woodrivertroutbum is just really nicewoodrivertroutbum is just really nicewoodrivertroutbum is just really nicewoodrivertroutbum is just really nice

What has be failing for you on the Chromes Ted? Any idea what the price point will be on the guide series?
Old 09-26-2012, 05:08 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

The new korker chromes are a light grey in colour (upper) with orange tops on the interchange able bottoms.

Fishing Wading Boot | Chrome | Korkers

If memory (only) serves, all the previous Korker's had a black upper.
Old 09-26-2012, 06:12 PM

ted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodrivertroutbum View Post
What has be failing for you on the Chromes Ted? Any idea what the price point will be on the guide series?

The midsoles keep coming apart.

The newest pair has the midsole falling off on both feet, plus the front end of the boot has all but fallen off. That surprised me, as it had a texture of spray in bed liner. However, it didn't last long, and now there is just the soft material left in the front of the boot. They're just a wreck basically.

The guide series is actually up on their website now called the "KGB". It appears the price point on them is $210. Right in line with the Chromes.
Old 09-27-2012, 02:58 PM

Interesting choice of letters .......

Edit: Now this is interesting, not seen a reference to Orvis (or anyone else) adopting the Korker interchangeable boot bottoms: http://www.orvis.com/store/product.aspx?pf_id=3r40s
Old 09-27-2012, 03:09 PM

The letter choice kind of caught me off my guard when the customer service rep said it.

Customer Service: "Well you can wait until December and we will upgrade you to the KGB's"....

Me: "To the what?" *snickering like an immature 12 year old*
Old 09-27-2012, 03:57 PM

woodrivertroutbum is just really nicewoodrivertroutbum is just really nicewoodrivertroutbum is just really nicewoodrivertroutbum is just really nice

Ha, I thought the same thing when I looked at them last night. Kind of cool though, I would be able to tell poachers they were about to have their butts kicked by the KGB if they didn't leave.

I am going to give the Chromes a shot, even if I do have issues it seems like Korkers is a good company to deal with so I am not too worried. I will probably pick a pair up next week.
Old 09-29-2012, 06:32 PM

So, I went to the shop to buy a new reel and line for my 2wt...But I left with the Chromes. I have been hearing mixed reviews but the confidence the shop has in them and the confidence I have it the shop put me at ease with the purchase. I know that if I have a problem down the line, the shop will handle it for me so I don't even have to get my hands dirty. I will wear them hard and in 6 months I will give a shot at writing a review and also another follow up at 12 months. Here goes nothing!
Old 09-30-2012, 06:14 AM

cockatouche will become famous soon enough

I wish they had put the tightening knob in the middle of the boot instead of at the top. The "Boa" system does not tighten evenly without working at it.