The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2012, 10:24 AM

noreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nice
Default Mora Robust: Great knife to have in the bag

Hey there,
I am a bit of a knife enthusiast and thought about a good fishing knife that everyone could use. (I have no affiliations or anything)

I recently received a Mora Robust knife from a friend. I had had my eye on it for a while and was pleased when he had one thrown into a order he placed. This is my second Mora, This model as its name says is a little heavier duty, thicker, wider blade and larger handle. Nice plastic sheath with many innovations, to attach to overall buttons, and clip on belt clip.

Every fishing bag or tackle pack is not complete without a good all purpose knife. The Swedish Mora has a long tradition around marine and other harsh environs. The steel is legendary and the handle is heavy bomb proof plastic.

They sell for anywhere between 12 to 17 bucks or there abouts. This model comes in carbon steel but they have many models available in a very good quality stainless steel. By far the best utility all purpose quality knife for the money on the market.

Pics

Click the image to open in full size.

billyspey likes this.

Last edited by noreaster; 09-30-2012 at 11:27 AM.
Old 09-30-2012, 10:53 AM

nickj is a jewel in the roughnickj is a jewel in the roughnickj is a jewel in the roughnickj is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Mora Robust: Great knife to have in the bag

That's a good-looking knife, never heard of that brand before.
Old 09-30-2012, 11:10 AM

noreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickj View Post
That's a good-looking knife, never heard of that brand before.
I spent/spend a lot of time on a bushcraft web sites. These knives are a household name over there. Sweden is known for their quality and knife steel. This utility knife is the result of many years of tradition and meeting the needs of fishermen, carpenters, outdoorsmen and craftsmen in Sweden. Not made in China. I cant say enough good things about them. Plus they are dirt cheap.
Old 09-30-2012, 11:35 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

noreaster, Any knife enthusiast from the Maritimes needs to have one of these. The Russel belt knife is Canadian history.
This one came from the factory store in Pictou, NS many years ago

billyspey and noreaster like this.
Old 09-30-2012, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip Tide View Post
noreaster, Any knife enthusiast from the Maritimes needs to have one of these. The Russel belt knife is Canadian history.
This one came from the factory store in Pictou, NS many years ago

You are right they are great knives.
I have had some of them over the years. Although not one now in my collection.
Old 09-30-2012, 12:32 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

I keep one of those in the boat, it was a gift from a fellow who I took fishing last year. He is a knife type and through his trip with me he learned that I rely constantly on my blades. The knives are sturdy, very sharp, and an affordable value I believe.
noreaster likes this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 09-30-2012, 10:05 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Just make sure you can find them when needed.
noreaster likes this.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm probably wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

http://www.wasatchguideservice.com/

Old 10-01-2012, 01:40 PM

irons is on a distinguished road

A knife like that is a must for kayak fishing.
noreaster likes this.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irons View Post
A knife like that is a must for kayak fishing.
You're right, it would be great for kyaking and around water here is a mora in stainless Mora of Sweden Allround Mora Knife might be better around the water.
Old 10-01-2012, 06:09 PM

mudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to behold

I have several Mora knives. One in each vehicles emergency bag, a couple in my camping gear, and others that I just use around the house.

I prefer the carbon blades.
noreaster likes this.