The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2012, 08:08 AM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis
Default Re: Sun glasses, what's good?

I use oakleys, Jawbone with G20 polarized lenses.

Addicted To Vise
Old 10-11-2012, 10:08 AM

bradyb will become famous soon enoughbradyb will become famous soon enough

I use a pair of amber lens Smiths that I got on clearance. Polarization and fit is good, but I still get a headache after a few hours. Best I ever had were Maui Jims that I paid a good buck for. Crystal clear and comfy. Then they fell off the top of my head, cracked the lens, and I remembered why I don't spend big bucks on sunglasses.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:54 AM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future

You can't run 'um over and have them survive but the "best" for visual aquity are real glass ploarized lenses from either Smith (Action Optics) or Costa del Mar. No distortion, no scratches. Yellow or amber photochromic are best in lower light, amber or copper on a normal day.
woodrivertroutbum likes this.
Old 10-11-2012, 01:08 PM

tennessee dave will become famous soon enoughtennessee dave will become famous soon enough

Copper Smith Action Optics is all you need to know.
Old 10-11-2012, 02:27 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

I looked quick at Sierra Trading Post. They have a ton of glasses with good prices as far as good goes for those things.

Sunglasses up to 66% off at Sierra Trading Post
Old 10-11-2012, 04:54 PM

shotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to all

I used to swear by SMITHS. Had a pair that had interchangeable lenses (amber, yellow, black) all polarized. I lost the lenses and once the frame that held the lenses in cracked when I was camping (-10 degree weather). I now wear a pair of polarized, prescription Oakleys with their "river/stream" tinting. Evidently there was an "ocean" tinting available. Anyway, they cost $400 (I believe mostly for the prescription).
Old 10-11-2012, 06:14 PM

woodrivertroutbum is a jewel in the roughwoodrivertroutbum is a jewel in the roughwoodrivertroutbum is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunfly View Post
they cost $400 (I believe mostly for the prescription).
My wallet just bolted out of my pants and hid in the closet.
fredaevans likes this.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:57 PM

shotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodrivertroutbum View Post
My wallet just bolted out of my pants and hid in the closet.
I hear you. Thank God I got reimbursed for them. If it weren't for the prescription I would not have gotten them. I just can't stand wearing contacts.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:02 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

I vote for smith as well, need to pick up a new pair when the money comes in...

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 10-12-2012, 11:37 AM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
I'm not a good person to ask. I look for cheap, and prefer cheaters built in. Anytime I get expensive ones they are doomed right away. Cheap ones for some reason last and last. Sierra Trading Post usually has good ones at a real good price if you are still bent on a good pair.
Im with you Dan. Buy Oakleys my grandson yanks them off my hat ---history. Costa del mar end up in their namesake --- the ocean ! But get an $8
Pair of Berkleys can't lose them , break them or give them away! Saves money even if I'm not stylin! Haha!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser