The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2012, 11:44 AM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of
Default Re: Sun glasses, what's good?

I would love to have a pair of Smiths, especially since I can get them in perscription, but Im hard on glasses and tend to break them alot.

I am using now a pair of XPS glasses from Bass Pro, supposidly they developed this pair with Smith. they have the photochromic lenses that adjust the tint based on UV exposure. I noticed a HUGE relief with eye strain once since i've been wearing them. plus you can wear them to after sunset since they will lighten up so much.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 01-14-2013, 07:21 AM

stuie675 will become famous soon enoughstuie675 will become famous soon enough

I use Ray Ban lol I am a fan of the Wayfarer style, I own probably to many pair haaha, but I have one set of polarized black that I use for fishing. I also just ordered a pair by Proof Eyewear, they make all their sunglasses out of different woods and seem like great quality and care go into making them. So cant wait to see what they are like.

Here is a link if anyone is interested in looking at them.

Products | Proof Eyewear
Old 01-14-2013, 08:17 AM

tennessee dave will become famous soon enoughtennessee dave will become famous soon enough

Send your prescription to Smith Optics. The best sunglasses I have ever worn period. Not cheap but worth it.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:43 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Rather surprised I haven't seen anyone bring up the slip over your regular glasses 'Cocoons.' Forty'ish bucks, and do a very good job. The one thing they really got right was the wide ear pieces. Lots of side glare protection.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:15 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

Maui's for me, HCL Bronze lens. The sport line is the least expensive and ideal for fishing because they are light weight. I just use "the force" before the sun rises high enough or in the evening as it sets. By that time I've likely been out all day, I have a good idea where the fish are and it's nearing time to quit anyway.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:36 PM

itchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennessee dave View Post
Send your prescription to Smith Optics. The best sunglasses I have ever worn period. Not cheap but worth it.
prescription glasses aren't cheap to begin with.. if it's gonna be an extra hundo though.. definitely worth it.. how much did your Smith scripts cost?
Old 01-14-2013, 02:33 PM

tennessee dave will become famous soon enoughtennessee dave will become famous soon enough

I have an very challenging prescription and had to go with their top poly lens. Everything included was about $320. I could not be more pleased. Customer service is outstanding and delivery time was less than 1 week from order date. Give them a call and talk with them.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:05 PM

quimby is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuie675 View Post
I use Ray Ban lol I am a fan of the Wayfarer style, I own probably to many pair haaha, but I have one set of polarized black that I use for fishing. I also just ordered a pair by Proof Eyewear, they make all their sunglasses out of different woods and seem like great quality and care go into making them. So cant wait to see what they are like.

Here is a link if anyone is interested in looking at them.

Products | Proof Eyewear
I'm guessing you got them on theclymb. I'm thinking of getting a pair myself.

My go to glasses are Oakley Hollbrooks with polarized black lenses.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:25 PM

45srbest is on a distinguished road

I like my Maui Jim Stingrays with glass lenses, amber lens.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:55 PM

stuie675 will become famous soon enoughstuie675 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by quimby View Post
I'm guessing you got them on theclymb. I'm thinking of getting a pair myself.

My go to glasses are Oakley Hollbrooks with polarized black lenses.
No sadly I was to late but that is how I found out about them, they should be here in a few days hopefully.