The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2012, 05:53 PM

bakerboy2222 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: waders???????????

Try on a pair of the orvis sonic seams, the tops of the waders are on slides that will go down to just above the belt and the fabric bunches up over the belt. It creates a little bit of a kangaroo pouch over the belt. The back buckle for the slide is a little hard to reach especially for shorter people and it gets in the way of waist packs so i usually leave the back up and let the fronts down to good effects. Letting the waders down makes the front pocket... difficult. Another pair of suspenders for traditional use are also included and are half as wide. I probably wont use these. Pretty lightweight fabric but i was warm this morning at 35 degrees. No handwarmer pockets but i like to wear a coat over my waders anyways.

Havent had these for more than 2 days so i cant say much about the durablility. No more than what orvis will tell you. I have dunked these all the way up to the top for a couple minutes just to check for leaks so i can very well say initial quality is fantastic.

These are almost identical to the redingtons of the same make but those have pockets and these have the convertable tops.

To be honest i chose these for the sole reason that they fit better than simms, but im happy with my purchase.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:00 PM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseywise View Post
check out ll beans emerger II wading pants

Men's Breathable Emerger II Waders, Stocking-Foot High-Waist: Breathable | Free Shipping at L.L.Bean

my dad has a pair and they are very well made.
plus beans lifetime warranty is rock solid

casey
Have you ever cashed in on this "warranty"? Wondering how well it works out.. Will they replace the waders no matter the issue? This would definitely be the selling point for me.. as I am in the market for a pair of waist-highs myself.. as I am rarely ever in water deeper than my waist.. and here in the DA.. with all the pasture around.. tripping over barbed wire that's been washed away can be a common occurrence on some streams...
ejsell likes this.
Old 08-20-2014, 07:19 AM

fox is on a distinguished road
Default Simms Convertable Waders

I'm in the market for the Simms Convertable waders too. Anyone know the best place to buy some?
Old 08-20-2014, 07:56 AM

ejsell has a spectacular aura aboutejsell has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchmesir View Post
Have you ever cashed in on this "warranty"? Wondering how well it works out.. Will they replace the waders no matter the issue? This would definitely be the selling point for me.. as I am in the market for a pair of waist-highs myself.. as I am rarely ever in water deeper than my waist.. and here in the DA.. with all the pasture around.. tripping over barbed wire that's been washed away can be a common occurrence on some streams...
LLBean's warranty is based on your satisfaction, not what's wrong with the product. If you're not satisfied with how it performed or lasted they will replace it or refund you, your choice. Here's a great interview with their chief marketing officer about their return policy. What Happens When Stores Let Customers Return Whatever They Want? : Planet Money : NPR
I buy most of my work clothing from them and have never returned a worn out shirt because they have lasted longer than I would expect and I was happy with what I got. I have returned a few other items that did not live up to my expectation but would have been outside the warranty periods for other retailers. I had no issues returning those items and the costumer service was great. They even preloaded an order for a fly rod so I had the replacement before they received the original back. Of course they had my credit card number if there was an issue. Also if you have their Visa you get free UPS returns and monogramming which came in handy for the kids's book bags.
fredaevans, itchmesir and fox like this.
Old 08-21-2014, 12:32 PM

keithsz is on a distinguished road

That credit card's interest rate probably covers the monogramming 12 times over the course of a year.
Old 08-21-2014, 12:42 PM

mridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithsz View Post
That credit card's interest rate probably covers the monogramming 12 times over the course of a year.
Only if you carry a balance.
fredaevans and ejsell like this.
Old 08-21-2014, 03:39 PM

hopescooter will become famous soon enough

I've survived on pair of chota hippies till now, but after getting wet countless times and not being able to get across provo river, I decided to upgrade to chest waders. Ordered Redington dry fly waders from SierratradingP, let's see how it works out.
fox likes this.
Old 08-21-2014, 05:07 PM

fox is on a distinguished road

Let us know how you like them. I was looking at them and the simms headwaters also.
Old 08-21-2014, 06:35 PM

waterfordcreek has a spectacular aura aboutwaterfordcreek has a spectacular aura aboutwaterfordcreek has a spectacular aura about

This is another option.

Waders bought from WaderUSA...
Old 09-11-2014, 11:54 AM

hopescooter will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox View Post
Let us know how you like them. I was looking at them and the simms headwaters also.
So even though they arrived couple weeks ago, I only put them to test yesterday in provo river. I got the medium size, and it fits pretty well but chest size is bit on high end for me. In winter time though I think it will be perfect, when wearing layers of clothes. It feels pretty light and soft, but I dont have other waders to compare to. I've decided to keep it.