The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Other Gear (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/other-gear/)
-   -   waders??????????? (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/other-gear/299576-waders.html)

horseman_37601 10-15-2012 06:41 PM

waders???????????

i have used for the last couple of years a pair of simms headwaters pants, gortex. love them but now showing age. i like pants instead of chest waders. however simms no longer makes them, replaced by new version, guide pants, very pricey, (499.00) any one else no of a brand of wading pants (breathable) that are good other than simms??

thanks--jim

ted4887 10-15-2012 07:32 PM

Re: waders???????????

Redington Sonic-Pros are good waders. I've had the pants now for a little over 1 year. The pants are priced in the $200 range I believe.

lancer09 10-15-2012 08:57 PM

If i'm not mistake a lot of the simms waders can be converted down to pants.. I could very well be wrong but my buddies headwaters do i'm pretty sure.

caseywise 10-15-2012 09:28 PM

check out ll beans emerger II wading pants

Men's Breathable Emerger II Waders, Stocking-Foot High-Waist: Breathable | Free Shipping at L.L.Bean

my dad has a pair and they are very well made.
plus beans lifetime warranty is rock solid:cool:

casey

mojo 10-16-2012 05:02 AM

Willam Joseph has them
William Joseph RT Stockingfoot Waders Waterproof Breathable For Men

horseman_37601 10-16-2012 07:01 AM

hey guys, thanks for all your help--

jim

fly_guy12955 10-16-2012 10:06 AM

Quote:

plus beans lifetime warranty is rock solid
Lifetime replacement on Waders ?? If that is correct, that would seal it for me.

jaybo41 10-16-2012 11:49 AM

One thing to keep in mind, nothing breathes better than Goretex. The Guide Pant is obviously the choice if that's important to you provided that you're willing to part with that kind of cash. Simms does have a pant offering other than the Guides but they are Torray, not Goretex.

If you are not going the Goretex route, lots of other options will be available. Orvis has the Sonic Seams I have the waist highs as a backup/warm weather pair and they work pretty well as far as comfort. They also make a waist high version. Very lightweight yet reasonably durable all things considered. This is the same technology used in the Redington waders. Good pants, but again, nothing I have ever owned breathes as good as Gortex.

okuma 10-17-2012 03:43 AM

I bought Frogg Togg guide pants earlier this year. I like them.

fredaevans 10-17-2012 08:21 AM

Hellishly good pricing on the pant type waders above. Save for when it's actually raining, this is the only kind I've worn for years.