The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2012, 06:41 PM

horseman_37601 will become famous soon enough
Default waders???????????

i have used for the last couple of years a pair of simms headwaters pants, gortex. love them but now showing age. i like pants instead of chest waders. however simms no longer makes them, replaced by new version, guide pants, very pricey, (499.00) any one else no of a brand of wading pants (breathable) that are good other than simms??

thanks--jim
Old 10-15-2012, 07:32 PM

ted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: waders???????????

Redington Sonic-Pros are good waders. I've had the pants now for a little over 1 year. The pants are priced in the $200 range I believe.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:57 PM

lancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of light

If i'm not mistake a lot of the simms waders can be converted down to pants.. I could very well be wrong but my buddies headwaters do i'm pretty sure.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:28 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

check out ll beans emerger II wading pants

Men's Breathable Emerger II Waders, Stocking-Foot High-Waist: Breathable | Free Shipping at L.L.Bean

my dad has a pair and they are very well made.
plus beans lifetime warranty is rock solid

casey
imxer and fredaevans like this.

ARFE
Old 10-16-2012, 05:02 AM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future

Willam Joseph has them
William Joseph RT Stockingfoot Waders Waterproof Breathable For Men
Old 10-16-2012, 07:01 AM

horseman_37601 will become famous soon enough

hey guys, thanks for all your help--

jim
Old 10-16-2012, 10:06 AM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
plus beans lifetime warranty is rock solid
Lifetime replacement on Waders ?? If that is correct, that would seal it for me.
Old 10-16-2012, 11:49 AM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

One thing to keep in mind, nothing breathes better than Goretex. The Guide Pant is obviously the choice if that's important to you provided that you're willing to part with that kind of cash. Simms does have a pant offering other than the Guides but they are Torray, not Goretex.

If you are not going the Goretex route, lots of other options will be available. Orvis has the Sonic Seams I have the waist highs as a backup/warm weather pair and they work pretty well as far as comfort. They also make a waist high version. Very lightweight yet reasonably durable all things considered. This is the same technology used in the Redington waders. Good pants, but again, nothing I have ever owned breathes as good as Gortex.
Old 10-17-2012, 03:43 AM

okuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via Yahoo to okuma

I bought Frogg Togg guide pants earlier this year. I like them.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:21 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Hellishly good pricing on the pant type waders above. Save for when it's actually raining, this is the only kind I've worn for years.