The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2012, 08:31 AM

jhardin80 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: wading boots

Guess it's off to the local shops I go. I try to stay away as much as possible because I will go in there for boots and come out with $100 worth of other stuff.

Thanks for all the great replys!
Old 12-13-2012, 02:11 PM

jcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nice

I should have put this link in here to start with. Keeping Your Feet Warm
Old 12-13-2012, 02:34 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

I use the Simms Rivertek boot, they're awesome and quite durable. I'd say they have around 100 miles on them at this point and I'm quite happy with them. My only regret is not buying them a size up for winter fishing. I bought them in my shoe size and so they fit perfect the rest of the year, but during the winter, that perfect fit means that I have no airspace to keep my toes warm!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 12-13-2012, 02:39 PM

thorsten has a spectacular aura aboutthorsten has a spectacular aura aboutthorsten has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatortransplant View Post
...I bought them in my shoe size and so they fit perfect the rest of the year, but during the winter, that perfect fit means that I have no airspace to keep my toes warm!
That is an important point - I always look for enough airspace in my wading boots. It is important for the winter and in summer it is not such an disadvantage, because the water will cool your feet.
If it is extremely hot in summer I just wear neoprene socks with the wading boots and long pants, which protect me against stinging nettles, which we have a lot here at my river.

THORSTEN