The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2012, 01:16 PM

jhardin80 is on a distinguished road
Default wading boots

I was looking at the frogg toggs waist waders. Reviews seem to be good about the pair I'm looking at and they are only $100. I just don't know what kind of boots to get with them.

What do you guys/girls use and do you like them? I don't have the best footing around so something to help with the slippery rocks would be nice but I know felt isn't good to use anymore.

Any suggestions would be great!
Old 12-12-2012, 03:00 PM

thorsten has a spectacular aura aboutthorsten has a spectacular aura aboutthorsten has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: wading boots

Hi,

since this year I use the Orvis Streamline boots and I am satisfied with them. They are not very heavy and they also dry fast. If you need to walk extremely much, may that they are a little bit too soft, but for all other conditions they are OK.

THORSTEN
Old 12-12-2012, 03:16 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

This thread ;http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/fo...ding-boot.html is filled with testimonials on boots.
jaybo41 and jhardin80 like this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 12-12-2012, 06:08 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

If you have either small or real big feet I'd go jump on what's left at Albright. OK I just checked, and all that's left of the studded ones are sz. 9 and under. Felt has a lot left. My friend got some and they are actually pretty nice. Best deal around right now.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:44 PM

stuie675 will become famous soon enoughstuie675 will become famous soon enough

I like my Korkers, but to me boots are like anything else it is all opinion based and you just have to try on a few pair till you find what fits you best.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:26 PM

jcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nice

Whatever you get, get them big.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:55 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcw355 View Post
Whatever you get, get them big.
Maybe not. I asked Cabelas about the boots I got. They said they size them for waders and adjust the size for it so if you waer 10 street shoes, buy 10 wading boots. I did that and they were perfect.

Talk to someone where you get them from and ask specifically what the brand you plan on buying does. Explain what size street shoe you wear and be detailed. i.e. Chinese shoes vs. American shoe size ratings. I go from 9 1/2 to 10 1/2 depending on who made them. In shoes not made in Korea or China I wear a 10. In Cabela's boots I wear a 10.

This may not apply to all makers so don't assume anything.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:21 PM

Yeah wading boots are sized for street shoe size plus the wading sock. Order the size you typically wear. I wear a 10 and got a 10, they fit perfectly for me.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:15 AM

jcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuie675 View Post
Yeah wading boots are sized for street shoe size plus the wading sock. Order the size you typically wear. I wear a 10 and got a 10, they fit perfectly for me.
I say get them big so your feet will be warmer. I wear size 9 and have a pair of Simms boots. If I had gotten size 9 they wouldn't have fit. They don't make them in half size or 10 1/2 would be perfect with a thick wool sock. Definitely try boots on if you can.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:33 AM

Mine fit fine with extra thick socks, I wear some awesome hiking socks I got and they still fit fine alittle tight but nothing that will be uncomfortable for a day long of wearing, but everyone's feet is different so that is why I said to go try on a pair and see what he/she likes. Then if you can find them cheaper online you know what to get.