The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2012, 07:17 PM

billyspey has a spectacular aura aboutbillyspey has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Good fly tying scissors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie View Post
Tried most, and finally settled on my favorite, the Anvil Midge scissors, curved or straight. They were the easiest for me to hold while I tie.
What I use most I also have a pair Miltex that I bought 35 yrs ago.
Old 12-30-2012, 11:53 PM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackster View Post

A friend gave me a pair of Kershaw scissors that are also very nice but know the best fix... Lock-Tite, peen the end os the screw?
\

Goodness. This makes no sense. I'm glad I happened to look back here and see this.
What I typed (or thought I did anyhow) was:
A friend gave me a pair of Kershaw scissors that are also very nice but the screw backs out with every snip, does anyone know the best fix... Lock-Tite, peen the end os the screw?

Thanks
woodrivertroutbum likes this.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:14 AM

tpo has a spectacular aura abouttpo has a spectacular aura abouttpo has a spectacular aura about

I have a lot of scissors in a lot of brands; Dr. Slick's are good. I recently bought my first pair of tungsten carbide for about $30. Very nice, I like them a lot and use them all the time. For those who do a lot of tying, I don't think you'd be disappointed, they're worth it.

Tom
Old 12-31-2012, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackster View Post
\

Goodness. This makes no sense. I'm glad I happened to look back here and see this.
What I typed (or thought I did anyhow) was:
A friend gave me a pair of Kershaw scissors that are also very nice but the screw backs out with every snip, does anyone know the best fix... Lock-Tite, peen the end os the screw?

Thanks
Either but you may use some plumber tape or small piece of plastic bag. Proper tension between the blades helps in cutting.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:41 AM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyspey View Post
Either but you may use some plumber tape or small piece of plastic bag. Proper tension between the blades helps in cutting.
Thanks Bill. I think I'll peen the end of the pivot screw to keep it from backing out but being the dunce that I am, I don't quite understand where to use the tape or piece of plastic bag.
Old 01-01-2013, 05:51 PM

Remove the screw and wrap the thread of the screw reinsert the screw add tension the threads to keep tight
Old 01-04-2013, 09:50 PM

mcphoto is on a distinguished road

I'll throw in another vote for Dr. Slick. In particular, I am very fond of the Dr. Slick Microtip scissors. I like being able to cut very clean, especially when tying flies where every wrap counts.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyspey View Post
Remove the screw and wrap the thread of the screw reinsert the screw add tension the threads to keep tight
Thanks Bill