The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 08:23 PM

chased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Wading Boot Sizing

I ran into the same problem this winter. Durring summer I was wet wading with the Simms neoprene sock and the size 12 Guide boot. It was a perfect fit. When it started cooling off this winter, I was left with no choise but to wear waders if I wanted to fish. The size 12 boot ended up being way too small for winter use, so I got a size 13 and they seem just right. I guess 2 pairs of boots it the way to go....

-Chase
Old 01-07-2013, 08:27 PM

cletus will become famous soon enoughcletus will become famous soon enough

Go with the BOA laces, they're awesome!
fredaevans likes this.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:46 PM

comeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by cletus View Post
I was just looking at Simms Website and I see they have a hoop to hook gravel guards on , that was one of my first thoughts was how do you hook to gravel guard on Boa's....looks like it will be Simms Rivertek's

PS I'm from Oregon so I know right were happy valley is......I like that happy valley, no really it's a place
Old 01-07-2013, 09:20 PM

cletus will become famous soon enoughcletus will become famous soon enough

Just looked at my Korkers to make sure where I hooked them. I hook them on the wires (to either side of the keepers).

I know it sounds incredibly soft/lazy, but not having to re-tie your boot laces during the day is great. Plus, with the Boa system, you can easily tighten or loosen the boots throughout the day.

What can I say, I'm a shell of the man I used to be!
Old 01-07-2013, 11:03 PM

stuie675 will become famous soon enoughstuie675 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by cletus View Post
Yes they are and if the system messes up Korkers is awesome at replacing it. My Korkers had an issue with the right one and they did a no questions asked and replaced both shoes.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:01 AM

klunker will become famous soon enough

the Boa laces have a dedicated loop just for attaching the gravel guard.
I have a set of boots with the Boa laces on them.
Pro's
Easier to get on and adjust to different tightnesses depending upon amount of socks, tightness for walking etc..,
Easier to get off, pop open the adjusting knob and give a tug and they open up nicely.
Lifetime Guarantee (on my Simms boots) so no worries as far as the laces wearing out
Con's
I find the knob that looses the laces is hard to pop open after use. Especially with cold hands/fingers

I am a firm believer in the Boa laces, I will never buy another set of boots without them.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:41 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by comeonavs View Post
I was just looking at Simms Website and I see they have a hoop to hook gravel guards on , that was one of my first thoughts was how do you hook to gravel guard on Boa's....looks like it will be Simms Rivertek's

PS I'm from Oregon so I know right were happy valley is......I like that happy valley, no really it's a place

Good question. Save for where you're walking around on a sand bottom, or heavy silt, it's a 'who cares?' Do pull mine (Dan B's) over the boot top but never had a grain inside the Korkers.
Old 02-02-2013, 01:18 PM

comeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant future

Just thought I would throw it out there. I am shocked as I usually don't try shoes on. I have been a 10 1/2 since 8th grade and I'm 40 now.

I went to buy the smaller pair for wet wading with the thin neoprene Simms gravel guard socks. My Simms guide boots that I wear with waders and fit great are a size 12

Simms Rivertek's BOA , I got a 10.... I am shocked

Moral of the story, try stuff on
jaybo41 likes this.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:17 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Repeating myself here, but never buy anything that's going on your feet without trying same on in the store. Street shoes? Yup, Wader boots with waders?

DOUBLE YUP!

Nothing will give you 'cold feet' faster than boots that are too tight.

fae
jaybo41 likes this.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:59 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm amazed at the lack of consistency of sizes of virtually everything fly fishing and general clothing these days. The only consistently is inconsistency!

Buy a shirt one year in X size, buy it again and it's a different cut all together.