The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By gt05254

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2013, 05:23 AM

patwah is on a distinguished road
Default Unique caps

Ive seen some great caps in magazines, fishing DVDs which I would love to get.

Problem is in Australia, its hard to find them.

Anyone know of some cool, independant, unique trucker (flyfishing) style caps that you can get online?

Cheers

Paddy
Old 01-14-2013, 08:13 AM

il_wi_fishing has a spectacular aura aboutil_wi_fishing has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Unique caps

ive been actually searching for an independent visor company that made something a bit more artistic then a bass pro visor. My search on amazon and the internet hasn't turned up too much. Sure, i found the normal loomis, sage, ect but was looking for something like you said, independent

Illinois Wisconsin Fishing
Old 01-14-2013, 08:57 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

I have somewhat of a collection of caps that came from different independent fly shops that I've visited. You could get them online I suppose too.
And Madison River Fishing Co. sells logo hats. Pretty much any one that you'd want
Old 01-14-2013, 09:18 AM

stuie675 will become famous soon enoughstuie675 will become famous soon enough

If you are part of TheClymb, sometimes they will have some nice ones, I have seen cats by Redington and a few other brands on there.

If you are not part of them send me a PM and I can invite you if you want, not sure if they ship to Aussieland though.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:12 AM

itchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud of

Other than a few companies that sell all types and kinds of fishing gear.. i'd say 75% of fly fishing stuff these days are independent businesses, no? Some companies may be bigger now like Orvis, AirFlo, Echo, etc.. But they are still independents...
Old 01-14-2013, 10:55 AM

gt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant future

The best independent cap of all (LOL)!
[IMG]Click the image to open in full size.[/IMG]

Why?? Because it works!

Gary
mcnerney, jaybo41, wt bash and 1 others like this.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:02 AM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future

At Zazzle.com you can design your own trucker hats.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:20 AM

patwah is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip Tide View Post
I have somewhat of a collection of caps that came from different independent fly shops that I've visited. You could get them online I suppose too.
And Madison River Fishing Co. sells logo hats. Pretty much any one that you'd want
Thats the type of thing I was thinking, like the Dr Slick type, cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuie675 View Post
If you are part of TheClymb, sometimes they will have some nice ones, I have seen cats by Redington and a few other brands on there.

If you are not part of them send me a PM and I can invite you if you want, not sure if they ship to Aussieland though.
Will check it, cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchmesir View Post
Other than a few companies that sell all types and kinds of fishing gear.. i'd say 75% of fly fishing stuff these days are independent businesses, no? Some companies may be bigger now like Orvis, AirFlo, Echo, etc.. But they are still independents...
I think the other guys grasped what I meant, local independent, shop on the corner, small business unique stuff.

And I understand that Orvis, AirFlo etc are still independents, just probably not in the context of my question.

Cheers

---------- Post added at 04:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:14 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt05254 View Post
The best independent cap of all (LOL)!

Gary
very cool cap, love it
Old 01-17-2013, 06:31 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

My favorite is the cap I got from Jimmies Fly Shop, it just has their logo on the front, they don't sell it online, you have to give them a call. Now that I see Gary's cap it is just as good, definitely going to have to get one!
http://jimmysflyshop.com/

Old 01-17-2013, 07:36 AM

gt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant future

I'll be most pleased to fulfill that order, Larry!
Gary