The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

Like Tree198Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2013, 11:46 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Abel nippers: Are they worth it?

I was just told yesterday that a fat wad of cash can make a person an instant expert. (Not you comeonavs) I know how much some people enjoy that. So going on that and what Casey just said I have decided to start my own nipper company. I am going to make a fully machined, micro computor controlled nipper that sets on your shoulder like a parrot. In fact, I am going to do a nice Parrot graphic on it for an extra $200 (That makes it twice as good as Abel ) All you will have to do is say "Nippers, up up and away!" and they will scurry down your arm and clip the line, then having done so scurry back to your shoulder and sing "It's a Pirate's life for me"! That should cost enough to make anyone look like an expert don't you think?

I may have under bet at 20 huh?
Old 03-02-2013, 12:33 PM

comeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
I was just told yesterday that a fat wad of cash can make a person an instant expert. (Not you comeonavs) I know how much some people enjoy that. So going on that and what Casey just said I have decided to start my own nipper company. I am going to make a fully machined, micro computor controlled nipper that sets on your shoulder like a parrot. In fact, I am going to do a nice Parrot graphic on it for an extra $200 (That makes it twice as good as Abel ) All you will have to do is say "Nippers, up up and away!" and they will scurry down your arm and clip the line, then having done so scurry back to your shoulder and sing "It's a Pirate's life for me"! That should cost enough to make anyone look like an expert don't you think?

Manufacture them domestically, offer free lifetime warranty and last but not least make them strategically the same color as Winston, Sage et al and I am sure ill get bored enough over the winter to convince myself i need a pair

I do love my Abel Nippers but yes they are an extravagance
mcnerney likes this.
Old 03-02-2013, 12:38 PM
Banned

Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Would it help if I offered a version that sang something other than "It's a Pirates life for me"?

Click the image to open in full size.
troutnut4 likes this.
Old 03-02-2013, 12:55 PM

troutnut4 is a glorious beacon of lighttroutnut4 is a glorious beacon of lighttroutnut4 is a glorious beacon of lighttroutnut4 is a glorious beacon of lighttroutnut4 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Would it help if I offered a version that sang something other than "It's a Pirates life for me"?

Great idea, I would like my nippers to sing:"I'm in the poorhouse now". By the way, I like Sage brown. Let me know the delivery date.
Guest1 likes this.
Old 03-02-2013, 02:28 PM

biggie_robs is just really nicebiggie_robs is just really nicebiggie_robs is just really nicebiggie_robs is just really nice
Default Abel nippers: Are they worth it?

Any song my nippers sing better have been written in America!

Cheers,
--Rob
Old 03-02-2013, 04:46 PM

leithel has a spectacular aura aboutleithel has a spectacular aura aboutleithel has a spectacular aura about

I'm really not trying to hijack this thread, I just hate to see it die. So..........

Abel Hemostats

Sorry haven't found a price yet. Next year's Christmas gift.....honest!
fysh likes this.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:32 PM

pa dave is a jewel in the roughpa dave is a jewel in the roughpa dave is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

Will this be available in a special Jimmy Buffet edition?
Old 03-02-2013, 09:20 PM

comeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant future

$350 pliers.....WOW

Why stop there , get the $445 fish graphing Abel knife.
leithel likes this.
Old 03-02-2013, 10:31 PM

streamwalker has a spectacular aura aboutstreamwalker has a spectacular aura about

its crazy to see the prices of " specialty items " me in at my age and my financial situation you will find me at the local dollar store LOL. but hey if you got the cash them more power to ya! me even if i won the lotter i wouldn't spend 50$ on nippers..i would get the ones from the dollar store that come in a pack of 3 different sizes for a dollar lol
Old 03-02-2013, 10:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by streamwalker View Post
you will find me at the local dollar store
Well! You can hardly be an expert with the kind of money you spend at the dollar store now can you? Oh wait, maybe you can, just not instantly.

I think I should price my nippers so high they come with a degree.
Closed Thread