The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2013, 01:25 PM

pkins44 will become famous soon enoughpkins44 will become famous soon enough
Default Advice on Rod Case???

A couple of weeks ago, I think I left my case out on the river. I have combed the area and my house and came up empty. So now I am in the market for a new case for my rod. Before I had a cheap white river single rod case with out any storage. I am looking for a case that will hold two rods, some storage for tippets and leaders, and I need it to be durable. I am notoriously hard on my gear so durability is a huge bonus. So if anyone has suggestions let me know. Looking for quality.

I have a 4pc TFO 8wt 9' with a lamson konic 3.5

Thanks in advance!

http://www.dupageriverflyfishing.com
Old 01-25-2013, 01:41 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice on Rod Case???

Check fly shop closeouts. I think they have a double rod and reel case for about $30. I can't tell if it has a pouch for tippet. My case from Cabelas does though.
mcnerney likes this.
Old 01-25-2013, 03:11 PM

wannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to behold

Redington makes some nice ones; I use the long one so I can break down to two piece and leave the rod strung up for travelling between pools. They have doubles as well.

Redington rod/reel case | eBay
Old 01-26-2013, 11:53 PM

pkins44 will become famous soon enoughpkins44 will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the help guys Ill be looking tomorrow at bps and cabelas. Now just to find a good solo boat for my river.

http://www.dupageriverflyfishing.com
Old 02-03-2013, 12:25 PM

troutnut4 is a name known to alltroutnut4 is a name known to alltroutnut4 is a name known to alltroutnut4 is a name known to alltroutnut4 is a name known to alltroutnut4 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkins44 View Post
A couple of weeks ago, I think I left my case out on the river. I have combed the area and my house and came up empty. So now I am in the market for a new case for my rod. Before I had a cheap white river single rod case with out any storage. I am looking for a case that will hold two rods, some storage for tippets and leaders, and I need it to be durable. I am notoriously hard on my gear so durability is a huge bonus. So if anyone has suggestions let me know. Looking for quality.

I have a 4pc TFO 8wt 9' with a lamson konic 3.5

Thanks in advance!
Hello Patrick, just picked up my new Zenith and eyed the rod cases in the rack. I bought the SIMMS double 4pc. and love it. Quality but you pay for it. Just a little long for my shorter rods (7'-6" and 7'-9" rods), but great for the 8'-6" and 9'-0" ones.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:07 AM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Cabelas makes the double case for 2 and 4 piece rods . Not bad for the money!
45fisher and fly_guy12955 like this.
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 02-04-2013, 11:47 PM

nickel will become famous soon enoughnickel will become famous soon enough

I would check out the BW rod case it's durable has a nice strap and some storage that you may like.

BW Sports Fishing Gear: Fly Vest / All Weather Gear
Old 02-05-2013, 10:23 AM

rockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to all

If you check out the cases at Cabela's, look at their Bargin Cave for super deals.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:16 AM

dar is on a distinguished road

You might want to look at the Orvis Safe Passage rod and reel case. It will hold multiple rods (you will need rod socks) and reels plus room for other accessories. My wife bought me one last year and I really like it. No more carrying a bunch of tubes.

Dave
Old 02-05-2013, 03:39 PM

dean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond repute

If you are looking for highest quality and spare-no-expense check out the travel case by Filson. I do not own one, but do own Filson clothing and everything they make - in Seattle, WA - is truly exceptional quality with the best customer service one could hope for. I have a friend that is a carpenter, he decided to try a Filson jacket as he wore through Carhart's at a quick pace. He ended up wearing through a Filson in a year and they sent him a new one, no questions asked.

Granted, it's a $200 rod case!