The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2013, 08:11 PM

comeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant future
Default Re: Simms Taco Bag

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybo41 View Post
Avs, now you need to get some seat covers for that fancy new truck of yours. What did you get?

Side note: I'm with you on the boots and bin Avs. ghocevar definitely needs a new mat. Maybe we can take up a board collection to get him a new one
Well don't blame me for the truck blame my wife.

6 years ago I wanted really bad a Toyota Tundra but could only afford the Tacoma and it was a great truck. Dont get me wrong i loved my Tacoma and it was a awesome truck, but I always "wanted" the Tundra. Well I bought my wife a 4runner limited in Nov and she told me to get me Tundra at the same time. Jokingly I said when I get the offer letter on my promotion my company had been working on for a year I would. Well last Tuesday night HR emailed me the offer letter .....my wife looked and said well about that truck.

I got a 2013 4x4 Tundra Limited double cab.Those leather hated seats will be nice after fishing in the snow. This truck has more bells and whistles than my 2003 loaded BMW I had when I was a bachelor
jaybo41 likes this.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:22 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations on your promotion Avs! Good stuff man! That sounds like a well deserved set of wheels and a good wife you've got there.

My '11 Liberty has heated seats. First vehicle I've owned that has them. REALLY nice after a day of fishing, cold days or when the back is stiff. Get some seat covers for the leather so you can get in and out with waders on.
fredaevans likes this.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:22 PM

thewalker1013 has a spectacular aura aboutthewalker1013 has a spectacular aura about

FWIW I can fit my boots and the wife's in the taco, I really like it and it keeps my carpets dry in the car. Pretty handy for the $, I think. I'm sure there are cheaper alternatives, but I'll use it for a darn long time and I'm happy with it.

It's the perfect size mat for me too, I don't like something so small that I have to do a balancing act on it. Actually have an old water bag from Simms that meld my waders for about ten yeas, it's now an extra gear bag, rat for a boat as its waterproof
Old 02-26-2013, 07:42 AM

Sep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of light

Love my taco bag. I usually toss in a pair of boots, waders, a couple of rod tubes (fits 4 piece 9" tubes just fine), and outerwear. Easy one-hand carrying for all the bulky items. Almost as important, when coming off the stream it becomes a quick catch-all for loose items so that I don't set stuff down and leave it. I know that the taco's always coming home.

It's probably the best-bang-for-the-buck item I've purchased in quite some time.

Mike
Old 02-26-2013, 12:53 PM

woodrivertroutbum is a jewel in the roughwoodrivertroutbum is a jewel in the roughwoodrivertroutbum is a jewel in the rough

I have looked at the Taco bags, but we just use a $5 rubbermaid from walmart and it fits both of our boots and waders.
fredaevans likes this.
Old 03-01-2013, 07:38 AM

Sep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sep View Post
Love my taco bag. I usually toss in a pair of boots, waders, a couple of rod tubes (fits 4 piece 9" tubes just fine), and outerwear.
Just loaded it up for a day on the Smith and realized that I also toss in my net and a light vest.

It's a pack mule.

Mike
Old 03-01-2013, 01:25 PM

klunker will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by comeonavs View Post
Those leather hated seats will be nice after fishing in the snow. This truck has more bells and whistles than my 2003 loaded BMW I had when I was a bachelor
You must of had a 3 series. A older 3 series didn't have many bells and whistles compared to the 5 and 7 series. I have a 06 5 series wagon, In addition to heated seats that are adjustable for how much heat and where you want the heat the steering wheel is heated. That's really nice when you your hands are really cold after a long day of fishing.