The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

Like Tree30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2013, 01:14 PM

troutnut4 is a glorious beacon of lighttroutnut4 is a glorious beacon of lighttroutnut4 is a glorious beacon of lighttroutnut4 is a glorious beacon of lighttroutnut4 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Sometimes I believe things are better done the old fashioned way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookfieldangler View Post
I think it would take me as much time to learn how to use this gizmo as it would to learn a new knot...

Reminds me of a lot of people who work for me...they spend more time trying to figure out how to cut corners and fixing their mistakes then they do just doing it the right way from the start
Agreed, been there and found it totally frustrating. Some people just don't understand that it's easier to do it right, then to do it wrong and have to do it again to correct their mistake. As for the knots, practice throughout the long winter and be ready for opening day.
Old 03-14-2013, 02:17 PM

mikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud of

with due respect to progress...I believe the end of the world started with the industrial revolution.
itchmesir likes this.
Old 03-14-2013, 02:36 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

All I can say is wow. Somebody actually came up with something you need to buy, that makes tying a knot more difficult. Wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikel View Post
with due respect to progress...I believe the end of the world started with the industrial revolution.
Well you can give it all up and then let us know how it goes for you. Maybe we can follow your example.
troutnut4 likes this.
Old 03-14-2013, 02:41 PM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future

If the thing had Abel stamped to the side with a flashy fish motif some here would say its a necessity well worth a 300 dollar price tag. Ouch oh yeah I took it there.
williamhj and itchmesir like this.
Old 03-14-2013, 02:59 PM

jsquires has a spectacular aura aboutjsquires has a spectacular aura about

I love the Abel nippers. I would guess (not ever having used it, so I'm guilty of the same offense as those who have not used Abel nippers but somehow are extremely knowledgeable about their quality and usefulness) the knot-tying device is junk and not a lifetime tool. And since I can tie all my knots, I don't need it. Since I choose not to use my teeth to cut line and I appreciate fine-quality tools, I choose to use the Abel nippers. I'm very sorry that bothers so many folks on here, to the point where they can't let it go and just say to each their (not there) own.

Grammar:
The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.
Old 03-14-2013, 03:09 PM
Banned

Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Have ya evar noticet them thar Able folks is a tad touchy? Scuse me, I gots ta scratch sumpin.
wt bash and troutnut4 like this.
Old 03-14-2013, 03:10 PM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsquires View Post
I'm very sorry that bothers so many folks on here, to the point where they can't let it go and just say to each their (not there) own.
I'm also sorry that some here (not hear) can't take a joke.
Old 03-14-2013, 03:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wt bash View Post
Joke them if they can't take a ........ I think I may have.....nope, I was right.
wt bash likes this.
Old 03-14-2013, 04:41 PM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold

$50 can buy you nippers... But I guess it can't buy a sense of humor...
wt bash likes this.
Old 03-14-2013, 04:44 PM

jsquires has a spectacular aura aboutjsquires has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by wt bash View Post
Sure, about seven times. After that, it becomes what I consider bating. But I'm sure you were already aware of that when you cast it out there. But I'm sure the joke will be just as funny on the fifteenth cast.

Commas make a difference:
Let's eat, Grandpa.
Let's eat Grandpa.