The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2013, 03:33 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Felt Sole ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhayden View Post
Did somehting change here? Never any issue doing this.. they look, and one time they even took them into the back and treated them..
Good call, my choice of words may have been a bit OTT. However, from a recent post on another Forum, wet boots from the North to South Island aren't going to happen.

Fred
Old 04-01-2013, 03:50 PM

cw76 has a spectacular aura aboutcw76 has a spectacular aura about

These will help lessen the damage associated with the studded Non-felt style boots:

Wading Boot Covers / Shoe In Over Boot Stud Covers -- Orvis

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 04-01-2013, 04:34 PM

dhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
Good call, my choice of words may have been a bit OTT. However, from a recent post on another Forum, wet boots from the North to South Island aren't going to happen.

Fred
hmm.. I've done that too... there were even less issues for me that way. I can see North Island not allowing South gear coming in untreated.. South has the Didymo issues, but haven't heard anything

But sometimes, you never know how things change..

And it can just be some inspector too.. One time flying back to the states.. they stopped me, said I couldnt carry on a rod case (small 4 peice case).. we discussed it for a while, he showed me the new regs.. I ran back to the desk - a couple blocks away to check the rods in... I get down to the gate.. there were rod cases everywhere...

I'll have to check ahead next time for sure

Maybe Felix will chime in

Last edited by dhayden; 04-01-2013 at 04:52 PM.