The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Other Gear (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/other-gear/)
-   -   Felt Sole ban (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/other-gear/315161-felt-sole-ban.html)

Red Owl 03-30-2013 11:54 AM

Felt Sole ban

So far, what states have banned felt soles?

silver creek 03-30-2013 12:16 PM

Re: Felt Sole ban

Status of Felt Restrictions in the USA

Hardyreels 03-30-2013 01:13 PM

Hi Red Owl,

We have hashed out the felt vs. rubber thing ad nausium over the past year or so. My personal take regarding the situation is to adapt to using rubber / cleated rubber soled wading boots because they are not banned anywhere. The cleated variety will draw great ire from boat owners and any shops you may visit while attired in wading gear. Other than that the country is wide open to rubber soles.

Ard

fredaevans 03-30-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver creek (Post 542196)

Many thanks for that link; will book mark as the question comes up with some frequency. To add to that just a bit, Oregon still allows what-ever footware but if you bring in a boat from out of State you MUST have it inspected for 'invasive species.'

About 4,500 inspections (last year was the first full year) and the Game Guys found FIFTY ONE boat trailers with 'Dear God's!' In two instances I'm aware of (fellows up from Redding, CA) 100+ degree temps and neither boat had seen water for at least two weeks.

That wasn't enough to kill the snails. :eek::stretcher

stuie675 03-30-2013 03:07 PM

Just get Korkers if you want to change soles. I have found my rubber with studs always works for where I fish though.

flycaster99 03-31-2013 10:47 PM

Pardon my ignorance, does the ban applies to BC Canada too?

stuie675 03-31-2013 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flycaster99 (Post 542649)
Pardon my ignorance, does the ban applies to BC Canada too?

That is the call of your country and its provinces, the ban for this thread is talking about states in the US.

Guest1 03-31-2013 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hardyreels (Post 542217)
Hi Red Owl,

We have hashed out the felt vs. rubber thing ad nausium over the past year or so. Ard

Si I was not alone in cringing when the title popped up? :p

fredaevans 03-31-2013 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diver Dan (Post 542653)
Si I was not alone in cringing when the title popped up? :p

Good Lord! A "We agree to disagree?":stretcher

:D

Just a matter of time before this is all inclusive in all 50. Going to New Zealand? Don't even bother to pack your boots. They're not getting through Customs.

What I've yet to see is a up-down on plastic (what ever the proper description may be) 'felts' like those on the new generation of Korkers. Not Felt, but plastic woven materials.

:confused:

fae

dhayden 04-01-2013 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fredaevans (Post 542662)
Going to New Zealand? Don't even bother to pack your boots. They're not getting through Customs.
fae

Did somehting change here? Never any issue doing this.. they look, and one time they even took them into the back and treated them..