The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2013, 01:48 PM

random user is a jewel in the roughrandom user is a jewel in the roughrandom user is a jewel in the rough
Default Wader Elastic Suspenders repalcement???

Need to replace the 2" wide brown elastic suspenders on my waders.

Anyone have a source for this? Local sewing shops didn't turn up anything wide enough and searching the web is getting really frustrating.

Thanks much.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:52 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wader Elastic Suspenders repalcement???

Try these guys. They have 2" brown (or at least close to it) elastic strap. 2" Patterned Elastic
Old 04-02-2013, 02:12 PM

random user is a jewel in the roughrandom user is a jewel in the roughrandom user is a jewel in the rough

Thanks...

2" Patterned Elastic
Old 04-03-2013, 09:15 AM

rockriver is just really nicerockriver is just really nicerockriver is just really nicerockriver is just really nice

I like the Carhartt brand. They come in brown also.

Amazon.com: carhartt suspenders
Old 04-03-2013, 10:55 AM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

These ones are my preference. I like the plastic clips on them, they don't damage the waders. and they hold very well. I owned a set of LL Bean waders that had neoprene suspenders that I hated. They were way too hot and uncomfortable. I put these ones on them and was very happy. I use the sonic seam waders for warmer weather fishing and use these same suspenders on them. The ones that came with the Sonic Seams were way too small and restrictive. I haven't found anything better and the price is right.

Fishing Wader Suspenders / Pro Guide Replacement Suspenders -- Orvis