The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By trout trekker
  • 2 Post By trout trekker

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2013, 04:06 PM

vanceinak is on a distinguished road
Default Fishin Buddy 2255 NEED MANUAL!!!

I just picked up a Fishin Buddy 2255 that appears to be new dirt cheap, but it has no manual & I haven't been able to find one on line. Anyone have access to one they could email me by chance, or point me toward one? Never used a fish finder of any kind before so guessing could be a long road...

Matthew 6:33
"But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."
Old 04-02-2013, 04:24 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fishin Buddy 2255 NEED MANUAL!!!

http://www.gps-info.com.ua/wp-conten...al_fb_2255.pdf
Old 04-02-2013, 04:51 PM

trout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to behold

Riptide, thatís slick.

Vanceinak,

If you need a hard copy for the field and donít have a printer - Iíve got two and only need one.

Itíll be a couple of days before I can swing down to the post office to mail it, but if youíll shoot me a p.m. with a mailing addy, I'll get it out to you.

TT

Click the image to open in full size.
osok likes this.
Old 04-02-2013, 05:15 PM

Wow Rip Tide, that was fast! Thanks!
Printed & done...

Thanks for the offer Trout trekker. I appreciate it.

Anyone use this model? What did you think of it?

"But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."
Old 04-02-2013, 06:43 PM

trout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanceinak View Post
Anyone use this model? What did you think of it?
Those are 2255's standing inside of the Buck's Bullets ( left & right ).

Click the image to open in full size.

Those two units are now 13 or 14 years old and still ticking. Take the batteries out of them when not in use. Don't invert them when they first come out of the water. Don't let the transducers get bashed on rocks, etc. and if it's working today, it should be working for years.

I've used them on my pram, Jon, pontoons and the float tubes. For me, they are as indispensable for tracking down and staying on top of land-locked Stripers and their prey ( balls of baitfish ) as Polaroid glasses are to an angler. Most will tell you they're at their best locating structure and cover...and they are. But for us 0-dark thirty Striper guys, who have to walk our gear in, in the dark, for first light launches - these things really shine. I've called my shots with the side finder, many - many times.
Your mileage will vary with the species ( size of target ), location and confidence level.

Some friendly advice, put batteries in it. Mount it properly and turn it on - then leave the basic settings alone ( for an outing or two ). Sure, go ahead and work through the different screens and display functions, but don't try to " re-tune the sensitivity / gain, etc. "
Those factory settings were programmed by the folks who designed it and they know a whole lot more about what's likely going to work for most situations than most first time users.

Good luck, TT
Guest1 and fly_guy12955 like this.
Old 04-03-2013, 04:20 PM

Thanks TT.

My intended primarey usage is trout in smaller lakes with my pontoons, although I may give it a whirl on the junk drift boat I am trying to get in the water this year to find the troughs where the kings should lay.
Sounds like it should work for me!