The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By gt05254
  • 1 Post By rockriver

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2013, 10:24 AM

rockriver is just really nicerockriver is just really nicerockriver is just really nicerockriver is just really nice
Default Lund boat

Anyone have anything to say about a 16 foot Lund Fury with 25 h.p. Mercury electric start, tiller and power tilt? I need something other than my canoes for walleye fishing and this seems the way to go. Boat would be purchased new. Thanks.
Old 04-07-2013, 02:34 PM

gt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Lund boat

My Lund 14 footer was built in 1982...30 years ago. It has seen very heavy duty service with me, and does not have leak one. Best aluminum semi-V hull in the world, as far as I'm concerned.

Used to have a 25 on it, went like crazy. Geared down to an electric start 15 merc to save on shoulder pulls, still goes just fine.

I just don't think you can do better than a lund for a production boat.

I'm sure other's mileages are going to vary, lol.
Gary
Guest1 likes this.
Old 04-07-2013, 02:40 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Gary's a Lund owner and his word seems solid regarding experience with his. My kudos go to the power trim! If I didn't have the ability to raise the foot of my motor with my pinkie finger I would have had plenty of trouble over the years. You will be running a prop and not a jet but not having to pre set the trim is a joy to be appreciated.

Sounds like a great Walleye boat,

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 04-07-2013, 05:15 PM

rockriver is just really nicerockriver is just really nicerockriver is just really nicerockriver is just really nice

I thank Dan for all the great email exchanges and phone conversation on fly fishing for walleye that started me on this. I just spent the majority of my free time over the winter looking over stocking data for the last 20 years, studying lake contours, inlets and outlets, and fishing pressure to pick out what I believe will result in some great walleye fishing with virtually no competition.
The boat will be the best choice I believe since 2 of the areas have a lot of old stumps in the shallows, thus I have no great need to go like a jet to get anyplace. I welcome any info since I haven't wrote a check yet.
Guest1 likes this.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:40 AM

After this post on the 7th, I called the dealer and told him I'd take the boat. Finally last Tuesday, the weather was decent and I went and wrote the check and brought it home. Now for nice weather, the ice to melt off and the May 15th. Walleye opener. That's not far off and with the really nice warm up the next few days, it looks like the 15th is going to work out for this area.
Old 04-25-2013, 12:20 PM

woodrivertroutbum is a jewel in the roughwoodrivertroutbum is a jewel in the roughwoodrivertroutbum is a jewel in the rough

I think you will love it. My guide buddy has a beautiful 22' Mako bay boat but he also has a 16' Lund that gets used just as much in the salt ponds. Sweet rides.
Old 04-28-2013, 07:17 PM

waterfordcreek has a spectacular aura aboutwaterfordcreek has a spectacular aura about

Nice pick-up...

Now a jackplate with low water pickup... fairly inexpensive, will make it a very versatile.

Good luck with it...Great choice!

Jim
Old 04-28-2013, 07:57 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockriver View Post
I thank Dan for all the great email exchanges and phone conversation on fly fishing for walleye that started me on this.
You are more than welcome.

Congrats on the new boat. Those Lund boats are really popular up here in Minnesota. They are well made boats. The 16' aluminum versions are really versatile.

Anytime you want to call or BS about Walleye, give me a ring.
Old 04-29-2013, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
You are more than welcome.

Congrats on the new boat. Those Lund boats are really popular up here in Minnesota. They are well made boats. The 16' aluminum versions are really versatile.

Anytime you want to call or BS about Walleye, give me a ring.
Will do Dan. Thanks, Emil