The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2013, 12:04 PM

mastrmasn is on a distinguished road
Default Palix River Waders

I've searched and searched. On here and the entire net. Can't seem to find to many or any reviews of the Redington Palix River waders.

Does anyone have any experience with these. I prematurely pulled the trigger and both a pair which should arrive in the next few weeks. These will be my first set of breathable waders. I liked the price point and the features which there aren't many to name but the most important for me was the fleece lined hand warming pockets (Steelhead fishing in January in Canada).

Any and all info will be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:02 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Palix River Waders

Hi,

Welcome to the forum. I've not heard of them until this post so perhaps you will be the person to provide a review once you get them into use.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 04-23-2013, 01:24 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

I have never heard of them either. Must be something new. Since you already got them, you may get to break new ground on internet review of them. Welcome to the forum.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:31 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Same here, never heard of them, but went online, there are a couple of reviews you might be interested in reading:
Palix River - Fly Fishing Waders | Redington Fly Fishing

Larry
Old 04-23-2013, 10:39 PM

ruud is on a distinguished road

I got this one at Davidson River Outfitters in Brevard NC, wore them twice and im very happy with them so far. I like the handpockets on the front!

Ruud
Old 04-24-2013, 04:50 PM

rapman is on a distinguished road

I got a pair last season. they developed a small leak on the second or third outing. Redington replaced them immediately. In fact, they bypassed their regular return procedure and just had me return them to the shop where I bought them for a new pair, rather than shipping them in. the replacements have been perfect. Probably about 40 days on them so far and going strong.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy them again. Nice waders for the price.
Old 05-11-2013, 01:57 AM

amertens is on a distinguished road

I just got a pair, probably got ten or twelve days in em so far. I love them. I wanted something quality and the sub 200 dollar breathable wader seemed kinda sparse for that but I couldn't be happier with them. They definately had a better material feel to them than the others I tried on in that price range.