The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

Like Tree16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2013, 07:01 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future
Default Re: Going back to the Old, new-Fashioned Vest

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstonwt View Post
Really,i get rid of another member on another forum who went by 720fly and now i get deal with another one what a shame.
Easy tiger, no offense meant man. I'm not like that. I'm glad you like your FP Waterdance guide pack, but the point of the thread is that I gave my FP Waterdance pack up for a vest.
Old 05-03-2013, 07:45 PM

winstonwt will become famous soon enoughwinstonwt will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Re: Going back to the Old, new-Fashioned Vest

Yeah same ,pointless way i put it, this forum and it's members are real fine.My sincere apologies to you.
dean_mt likes this.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:25 PM

wichaka is on a distinguished road

I use the Blackfoot vest from Redington. Have had it for years, and has held up extremely well. Best of all, was under 35.00. is closer to 40.00 now.

I like it because I can't weight it down...I like to go light anyway.
dean_mt likes this.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:41 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstonwt View Post
Yeah same ,pointless way i put it, this forum and it's members are real fine.My sincere apologies to you.
No need to apologize, I shouldn't have poked you for that. Like all forums, sometimes threads veer off topic here and I was just trying to keep this in line. There are lots of threads here and will be more for "which chest/hip/sling is best?" Add a review of the new version of the Waterdance you like in the gear reviews section, lots of people will appreciate it. I notice that your relatively new here, stick around, this is the courteous forum! I should have been more so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wichaka View Post
I use the Blackfoot vest from Redington. Have had it for years, and has held up extremely well. Best of all, was under 35.00. is closer to 40.00 now.

I like it because I can't weight it down...I like to go light anyway.
I hear ya man. I'm pretty frugal and cost of new packs/vests is insane. I've patiently waited all winter to burn this gift certificate I've been holding and the last couple times out, having to change flies frequently tying to get rising fish that were snubbing me I decided I wanted my boxes easier to reach, i.e right in front of me like the good old vest offered. The sling pack I've been using is great but I hated having to unclip it, swing it around and change flies, then re-position it just to cast a couple times and realize it still wasn't the right fly! And as for the weight thing I agree. I tried on a lot of vests in the shop and stuffed boxes in the pockets and realized that all the "guide" vests hold way too much and quickly become too huge and bulky things for me. The original reason I went away from the vest. This one I just bought holds a couple big boxes and everything else I need and it's all right there. A happy medium, I hope.

Click the image to open in full size.

And I only had to pay 30 bucks out of pocket, otherwise I'd probably have stuck with what I had.
Old 06-03-2013, 05:26 PM

oarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean_mt View Post
Completely ridiculous. That vest weighs at least 20 lbs. No thanks!
I can't see anyway to wear a vest like that over geared to enjoy a day on the water.

I picked up a Fishpond chest back and like it except the fact it had no room for a water, lunch or a small towel. I use the little chest back only when I know I'll only be on the water an hour or less. I have two vests, one for cold water and one for warm, they hold everything I need lunch, towels, gear, spare spools and a couple of shots. A vest we'll be my first choice if I can't get buy with a shirt with many pockets.

Rick